MY FIRST STORY

MY FIRST STORY

Current Members

Hiro -  Vocals

Teru - Guitars

Kid'z - Drums

Nob - Bass

Non-touring & Former Members

Sho - Guitars, Songwriter | Is no longer touring due to unspecified personal matters, but still acting as songwriter for the band.

Masack - Drums | Former Drummer, reasons for leaving unknown.

Releases

Albums

• MY FIRST STORY (April 4, 2012)
  • THE STORY IS MY LIFE (February 6, 2013)
  • 虚言NEUROSE / KYOGEN NEUROSE (October 29, 2014)
  • ANTITHESE (June 29, 2016)

Singles

• 最終回STORY / Saishuukai STORY (July 3, 2013)
  • Black Rail (July 16, 2014)
  • 不可逆リプレイス / Fukagyaku Replace (September 24, 2014)
  • ALONE (August 5, 2015)

My First Story is a post-hardcore, melodic rock band originating from Shibuya, in Tokyo. Stylistically My First Story can be described as a post-hardcore act that emphasizes the rhythm section primarily to achieve a very heavy sound, while relying on leads often buried in the mix to add subtle melodic textures to their driving rock sound. The lyrics would appear to share a common theme, and seem to speak primarily of emotional struggles and various forms of anxiety. While the band takes after various tones depending on the song, a defining characteristic sound is their occasional use of country-pop inspired songwriting in a major key to a post-hardcore arrangement. (A style that typically makes use of more distortion on guitars and minor keys),  such is the case on songs like Gift, Someday & Missing You.

My Thoughts:
I primarily created this topic as I was surprised to see it didn't exist already, and I really wanted a place to vent my excitement that ANTITHESE is coming out tomorrow! 虚言NEUROSE was an amazing album from start to finish, the only song I was not particularly fond of therein was "Gravity", and even then it had it's appeal as a head-banger. Given the trend I am seeing with the 3 ANTITHESE singles already released, I can only expect this one will be just as amazing!

Edited by SethItari

Sign in to follow this