Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

BOOM BOOM SATELLITES new CD "LAY YOUR HANDS ON ME" release

BOOM BOOM SATELLITES new CD "LAY YOUR HANDS ON ME" will be released at 2016/06/22 (2 TYPE)

limited edition (3,950yen) will include CD+Blu-ray (including "LAY YOUR HANDS ON ME" "STARS AND CLOUDS" PVs), and regular edition (1,500yen) will include CD only

[CD track list]
01.LAY YOUR HANDS ON ME
02.STARS AND CLOUDS
03.FLARE
04.NARCOSIS

their new CD "LAY YOUR HANDS ON ME" will be their last CD, as Vo.&Gt.川島道行(kawashima michiyuki) has suffered from sequelae of his brain tumor like paralysis

WHAT THE FLYING FUCK.

fuckin goddamned illness, man... I really thought he had fully recovered... feel really sorry for him

this means they are actually disbanding??

this whole situation fucking sucks... I really hope this is the best for him, but I'll miss them like crazy, that's for sure

what a year, it's like 2015 have not ended yet

Edited by chemicalpictures

13 minutes ago, Trombe said:

their new CD "LAY YOUR HANDS ON ME" will be their last CD, as Vo.&Gt.川島道行(kawashima michiyuki) has suffered from sequelae of his brain tumor like paralysis

i was afraid something like this would happen to him. that's really unfortunate. :(

This was posted on their facebook:

"【posted by nakano 2016.June 1st】
EP “LAY YOUR HANDS ON ME” is complete and ready for release on June 22. Featuring four tracks and 22 minutes of play time, the EP brings festivities, endings, silence and new beginnings. This EP is both a grand and beautiful—like the life of our band in a mere 22 minutes. The advance listeners are all calling it an “album.” Actually, that was what Kawashima wanted. I think I’ll be able to say with confidence, “Our 10th album is finished at last.” It is a work befitting of the final, closing curtain of our band’s history.

This is BOOM BOOM SATELLITES final release. Paralysis and other complications with Michiyuki Kawashima’s brain tumor have made it so. Michiyuki Kawashima has now closed his life as a musician and is spending his days living peacefully with his family. Although words come slowly, he can still speak. His arms and legs have become impaired, and he relies on a wheelchair more and more. It is difficult to communicate clearly with him; at times even I don’t know what he’s thinking. But I can feel his aura of completeness and achievement. To me, he looks like a husk that has poured its very life force into this final work. I want to call out to him, “Thank you! You’ve done your best!”

In a few short breaths, Michiyuki Kawashima’s 20 year musical journey will draw to a close. Together, we’ve crossed countless landscapes. Looking back, nothing was easy—we struggled, squirmed and shouldered forward to our hearts’ content. Every moment remains as an amazing, bright and sparkling memory.

Just a bit more until the finish line. I hope you enjoy our music on June 22.

Masayuki Nakano"

I'm fuckin speechless.

I am more surprised he actually pushed through with the band all this time in his condition. I remember reading news about his illness and how he managed to recover and come back to music time and time again, even after multiple relapses. This latest development is truly unfortunate and heartbreaking.

Sign in to follow this