Sign in to follow this  
Guest o hai itz will

Japanese Hardcore

In another thread, there was talk about the Japanese hardcore scene and how there isn't really much talk about it in general. Could everyone list the hardcore bands that they know about, or a place where a large list can be found? Here are some that I know:

Loyal to the Grave

Versus The Night

As We Let Go

Doggy Hoods

and that's it. I'm sure you guys know more!

Here's a few bands that I like. Some may not be active anymore, though. And some bands released less than others and so on, while some bands moved on towards other genres as well. And some might be seen as D-beat or Crust, but that's close enough.

Gauze

Gudon

Outo

Zouo

G.I.S.M.

Mobs

Laughin' Nose

S.O.B.

Lip Cream

Rose Rose

Death Side

Systematic Death

The Comes

The Execute

Paintbox

Poison Arts

Disclose

Framtid

Pisschrist

THE SWANKYS / GAI

Gloom

Confuse

D.S.B.

Crow

Zyanose

As far as Hardcore/Crust goes, Japan's my favourite country by far. Framtid, Disclose, G.I.S.M., Gauze and S.O.B. as my favourites.

Edit: I almost forgot one of the best Hardcore releases of all time: "Boris - Vein". This is a true masterpiece. It's brutal, ugly, noisy and like a fucking kick in your face. Love that shit!

A few more to add, though I doubt all of this could be classified as strictly hardcore...

kamomekamome

deepslauter

REALIZED

AT ONE STROKE

MUGA (無我)

ENSLAVE

BURNING SIGN

Arbus

The North End

ALL FOR MEAL

THERE IS A LIGHT THAT NEVER GOES OUT

document not found

CYBERNE

Misled Balds

TIALA

theSun

Exclaim

Sunsgrind

Kulara

VIVISICK

Spiral Chord

Cowpers

1000 Travels of Jawaharlal

Are some of my favorites. Some are not completely solid hardcore through and through, but still have an excellent sound.

i just know G.I.S.M and SS (does the latter counts as one though? Hardcore punk)

btw this place got some posts that will cause lots of dramaz if caught

i just know G.I.S.M and SS (does the latter counts as one though? Hardcore punk)

btw this place got some posts that will cause lots of dramaz if caught

SS does count, yes. Amazing band!

And yes, I've seen that thread before. It's actually ridiculous. But to be honest with you, that's not the first time I see such as far as "Jrock" fans goes. I don't want to sound like an elitist or anything, but the majority of the "Jrock" fans I've ever talked to think that Hardcore Punk and Screamo (as well as Metal) just need some screaming and HARDO GUITAROS and voila, it's Hardcore or Screamo (or Metal). I find it quite hilarious, though.

Don't know if they've been added before but I got another one!

Endzweck

Saw them live in my own country some years back, and though I don't really like Hardcore Punk, I liked their live.

Sign in to follow this