Hi everyone!

My name is Julien and i'm 27 years old. I'm from Holland and I work in the music industry as a manager (have been for about 8 years now).
I'm really new to the Visual Kei scene, I've been working with Visual Metal band for a while now and they introduced me to it. I've been trying to learn more about the scene ever since. I stumbled on Monochrome Heaven while looking for places to learn and to sometimes post updates on related issues to the band. 

However, I didn't just want to come here to post updates I'd like to learn more and be more involved in the scene. So i'm happy to be here if everyone else doesn't mind =). 

Thanks!

Well of course BatAAr which is the band I work with. I've become a bit of a babymetal fan. I like Coldrain (but i'm not really sure if they count) and I've been a long time fan of Dir en Grey. Apart from that i'm a complete n00b to bands in this genre.

Any tips?

Well of the bands you listed I'd really only consider BatAAr and (old) Dir en grey visual. The rest are just j-metal. But I'm also a huge coldrain fan and I like Babymetal a lot. Great choices!

Some of the popular bands Dir en grey fans like are lynch. and girugamesh. For coldrain style I'd say Crossfaith and SiM. They aren't exactly the same but they have western influence and sing in English too. Since you like Babymetal maybe check out NoGoD and Nocturnal Bloodlust.  If you have trouble looking any of them up I can supply youtube links. ^_^

Oh I forgot about SiM! I've been listening to them for a while now too. They're quite good. Girugamesh I heard of for the first time yesterday from BatAAr members. I'll go look up the rest! Thanks!

Hello, and welcome to MH! If you have any questions, do feel free to message anyone with a blue/red name and we'd be happy to help, Other than that, see you around and enjoy your stay!

Welcome to MH! Don't worry about not being too knowledgeable of the VK scene; I'm not particularly familiar with it either (at least in comparison to a lot of the other members) but there's a lot of people with pretty diverse tastes here so I'm sure you wont feel out of place. Hope to see you around!

Edited by Pho

Welcome to MH!!!

cool taste in music! I like coldrain too! Be sure to check out the reviews thread as its a good way to get a sneak peak at different bands etc etc. 

hope to see you around!