Introductions for me are awkward,but oh well.

I first started listening to VK stuff about 2 years ago? i guess? See i've always liked and played metal/heavy rock and as a bassist it was always hard for me to find music which appealed to me as a bassist.By this i mean that most metal and rock bands never seemed to have bass players that i could relate to.I like bands with good bass players.Bands that have the bass guitar very audible in the mix.It's not a common thing in most metal or rock besides a select few bands.

I remember a band mate turning me on to anime...the very first thing that stuck out to me was the intros.Wow...I immediately went searching for bands,music,anything i could find coming out of Japan.I was astonished to see just how many bands not only had incredibly talented musicians but seemed to really appreciate the bass guitar in the music.Not only that but the melodies were so different and pleasing.

I then started seeing something that intrigued me.Most of these bands i was enjoying were really striking in their appearance.When i first started playing in bands i played in Glam/Hair Metal bands so this was something that really struck a chord with me.I was hooked ever since and it's very hard for me to even listen to anything from here in the states anymore.

Some of the bands I listen to are: Versailles/Jupiter,Royz,Misaruka,Dear L'Novel,Diaura,Mediena,Lin -the end of corruption world-,Pentagon,Devize,Elysion,Morrigan,Rides in Revellion

Hey welcome to the site!

Take a gander and participate in the many threads on here. We have a few that show appreciation for the many bands/musicians in the genre, and I'm sure your input will be most appreciated.

As someone who used to play the drums, I can totally agree about not being able to relate to any band currently playing here in the states.

See you in here soon!

That's an interesting story you have and a good list of bands. Welcome to the forums!