Sign in to follow this  
Manabu

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - Dance and Scream

No one's posted a review so yet so I thought I'll make a start

1.Burn the Disco Floor with Your “2-step??!! 7/10

I'd already heard this but it's been redone a lot better and everything seems to flow

It's very catchy, but there's just not that much to say about it, Nice breakdown and synth lines

2.Hey Girl!! Why Not Party Like a Bitch!? 6.5/10

One of the least poppy songs, it's like american attack attack with brighter synths

Not that much use of the synth in this either, but when it is used it works nicely

Quite guitar and vocal based but not that much autotune

3.Stray in Chaos 7.5/10

Heard this when the video came out but it's still a great song

The synths sound is always changing in this and occasionally follows the guitar but leads at points

Not much that makes the song stick in your head but a 7.5 just cuz of how well the instruments work together

4.Love at First Sight 7.5/10

Very bright pop sound to this but it's immensly catchy

The autotuned vocals work very well with the song and heavier parts blend in nicely

Weird synth solo, it seems s bit out of the blue and the sound of it is doesnt fit

5.Take Me Out!! 5/10

I tend to skip this song because it gets boring and annoying, the song just sounds messy

the screaming vocals don't help at all, they just dont fit in

6.interlude 6/10

I don't like interludes that much cuz it's really overdone with these kind of bands

but it's not too bad and the piano part is quite nice

7.My Dear Lady, Will You Dance With Me Tonight? 5/10

I've never really liked this song when it was on their ep, but it's been redone and I still don't like it

The nintendo sounding synth line at the start sounds doesnt really work and the whole breakdown into screamo thing just sounds bad

8.Because You Are Here 8/10

The high vocals really stand out autotuned, nice break into a piano/vocal part, don't think the vocals are autotuned here which is a nice break

The parts are catchy and the synth solo is a good addition

I'd definantly recommened listening to this you'll only listen to a few songs

9.Solitude X'mas 6/10

A christmas song I guess? I'm assuming from the title seeing as I can't understand the lyrics

I only listened to it a few times and I tend to skip it, give it a try if you like the heavy stuff

Nothing stands out to me, can't say much more

10.Beyond the End 8/10

Another great song, the whole choir sound on the synth gives it an epic touch

The clean and harsh vocals share a fair bit in this and it adds a lot to the song

You'll have to listen to understand really

11.Twilight 8/10

I loved this when it first came out and the quality is so much better

really suits the end of the album, It starts kinda boring but it gets a lot going

The build up on the synth perfects the whole thing, The whole screaming part after it seems to ruin it

but I was expecting it so that could be why

Overall, I'd say it's a 7.5/10, a few boring songs, some good songs and some real gems

Definantly worth a listen

Sign in to follow this