shiroblanc

Well, might as well say Hi first

Hi guys,

Hmmm…I haven’t wrote a forum intro in more than a decade now, well, let’s see how this goes.

I was a 90's kid who got into J-Rock in the beginning of the ‘00s when I upgraded to electric guitar, at the time, it was Glay, L’arc en Ciel and Dir en Grey that dominated the scene. Slowly, I got pulled towards the lesser known stuff like Malice Mizer(at the time that is), Raphael, hide, Due le Quartz and a few others that I forget now. I spent a great deal of fun with VK during those years, a couple of friends and I formed a band and we used to rehearse with J-Rock(and J-Pop) music. My favorite bands at the time were Malice Mizer, Glay and Dir en Grey (but over the years Malice Mizer became the victor).

I haven’t been catching up for the past 7-8 years due to the change in musical style and that the old stuff were kind of getting lost in the sea of new VK hype, also for the fact that I was moving towards University and my hobbies subsequently changed. During those years I have discovered new gems every once in a while – Acidman, Versailles, Maximum the Hormone and Tsubakiya Quartette, so I guess I wasn’t completely cut off.

While watching Malice Mizer’s Merveilles l’espace a few days ago, the nostalgia crept back up, and I found myself wanting to catch up with everything that I’ve missed out so far, the love for J-Rock and VK somehow revived itself after all these years.

So in the meantime, I thought I’d drop by and say hi to the community; it appears it’s become way bigger than how I remembered it, and I’m glad it is so. So if there’s anything I’m missing out on, I’m counting on you guys to fill me in :)

Yoroshiku,

Shiro

Osu.

Take as long as you need to, as I feel that the people on this site are more welcoming than others.

I myself took some time off, and have spent the last year revisiting/catching up on some of my older bands, as well as previewing the new bands now.

Forewarning: The scene is different, but some aspects are still the same. Nagoya Kei for the most part has remained the same, and Neo-Visual (do they still call it that?) took over the mid/late 00's. 

I was a big GLAY/Malice Mizer/Laputa fan when I first started too (Albeit I was very young) and have seen the boom of Neo-Visual take place, and honestly it's been 70/30. These last few years have seen a big list of disbandments from the greats and there's room for the newer gen to grab hold.

Have fun catching up and again, welcome to the site.

Welcome (back?) to the forum! :D

Enjoy, and if you need any recommendations, there's plenty of those to go around!