Trombe

RAMI(ex-Aldious, Raglaia) solo debut new album "Aspiration" release

Damn, it seems like only yesterday Raglaia was formed. I don't want to care but I'll probably end up still following her just because of Aldious. .-.

*Waits for Rami to come back to Aldious*

*Make Aldious great again*

So is she disbanding Raglaia and starting over?

Sounds like it. Poor Rami.

*Waits for Rami to come back to Aldious*

*Make Aldious great again*

I held that belief for a while. Now, I don't think it will happen even if Re:no quits tomorrow. I think Yoshi made a conscious decision to change direction to a softer sound and would pick a singer who reflects it. Of course I could be wrong, but Yoshi is the leader, and this change in Aldious was her call, not Re:no's.

I held that belief for a while. Now, I don't think it will happen even if Re:no quits tomorrow. I think Yoshi made a conscious decision to change direction to a softer sound and would pick a singer who reflects it. Of course I could be wrong, but Yoshi is the leader, and this change in Aldious was her call, not Re:no's.

Based off their latest album, I'm not surprised. I don't wanna say that the album was terrible, but only a couple songs seemed memorable.

Rami's voice, I feel, goes unappreciated. Personally I find her deeper voice attractive,  having more "oomph" and generating a more "Metal" feel.

Wasn't there some weird drama between Rami and the rest of Aldious?

Or maybe that was speculation, because Rami said she had some kind of life-threatening illness that forced her to quit Aldious, but then she comes back not much later with a new band.

(too lazy to google this)

Anyway, I don't even like this style of metal so I disliked most of Aldious' music with Rami. Rami is a better vocalist than Re:no, that much is obvious, but I like their post-Rami music more.

Best of luck to Rami, anyhow. I should probably go see what Raglaia is all about.

(too lazy to check out Raglaia)

Wasn't there some weird drama between Rami and the rest of Aldious?

Or maybe that was speculation, because Rami said she had some kind of life-threatening illness that forced her to quit Aldious, but then she comes back not much later with a new band.

(too lazy to google this)

Anyway, I don't even like this style of metal so I disliked most of Aldious' music with Rami. Rami is a better vocalist than Re:no, that much is obvious, but I like their post-Rami music more.

Best of luck to Rami, anyhow. I should probably go see what Raglaia is all about.

(too lazy to check out Raglaia)

I believe that her decision to leave was her own, due to her illness she decided to take time off from music, and the girls encouraged her to take priority in getting better. She's still tight with the band, as there are numerous tweets with her chilling with some of the band members.

Her coming back was her overcoming her illness, but I don't think she's 100% yet. I speculate this because in her new band Reglaia, she doesn't hit those high notes that she's known for. So the illness must've been either in her brain, or oral.

Edit: From I've researched, it was a brain disease. Perhaps autoimmune?

Re:no has a weaker voice, and Yoshi has been accommodating for it with weaker music. Ever since District Zero, I noticed it's gone down hill.

It's like Metallica fronted with Katy Perry as the Vocalist now haha.

I wouldn't be suprised if they don't boot her if they begin to go downhill.

I believe that her decision to leave was her own, due to her illness she decided to take time off from music, and the girls encouraged her to take priority in getting better. She's still tight with the band, as there are numerous tweets with her chilling with some of the band members.

Her coming back was her overcoming her illness, but I don't think she's 100% yet. I speculate this because in her new band Reglaia, she doesn't hit those high notes that she's known for. So the illness must've been either in her brain, or oral.

Edit: From I've researched, it was a brain disease. Perhaps autoimmune?

Re:no has a weaker voice, and Yoshi has been accommodating for it with weaker music. Ever since District Zero, I noticed it's gone down hill.

A reviewer on Encyclopedia Metallum had a better analogy: Metallica fronted by Sade. Don't know if you know who she is but she's an African woman who had these really soft soul hits like "Smooth Operator" and "Sweetest Taboo" back in the 90s. If you know who she is the joke is funny as hell.

I found a message board with a post from her and had a Japanese-speaking friend translate it. Here's what he came up with:

HPでは「体調不良」と簡潔に書かせて頂いておりますが

実際は重く、完治が見込めない脳の病気です。

世の中には沢山同じ病名の方がいらっしゃいますが

私には私だけの症状があります。

病名は身内にしか知られたくないので、お察し下さい。

"Even though on our official homepage, it is simply stated as 'not feeling well', but the truth is it is a severe/serious condition of the brain that can not be completely cured. There are many people out there that has the same disease as me, but I have symptoms that are specific to me. As to the exact name and detail of the disease, that is something that I want to keep within my family and I, thank you for your understanding."

Therefore, it is indeed a disease related to the brain, but I don't know if it is either physical or mentally, but it is very serious and might even be life threatening. She also wrote this paragraph afterwards

ブログで、命に関する内容のものを沢山書くようになりました。

それは、私が死の淵に直面した出来事があったからです。

"I started writing entries in my blog regarding life. The reason I started was because I have to deal with the possibility of death directly"

------

If I had to guess, I'd say some kind of seizure disorder. The stimulus overload of being on stage is tremendous. Loud music, lights, etc. But she looks just fine in the live DVD from that tour.

When she came back in 2014, she said everything was fine:

[Hi, it's been a long time. In the two years I was away, I received a lot of encouragement and well wishes from you guys, but what made me the happiest was the message "we are still waiting for you to return". The reason why I decided to come back and is standing in front of you right now is because of those messages.

I have recovered both physically and mentally and is feeling great right now. From now on, I will do my best and please continue to cheer me on. Thank you]

Toki was the first member of Aldious to reconnect with her and made a lengthy blog post after the two went to dinner. Here's Toki's post:

I went to dinner with former member Rami.

She is starting a new band named Raguraia and they will be releasing a CD soon. Rami is working really hard.

I really feel happy for her!!

When she had to leave Aldious, her doctor said that she won't be able to perform live anymore. In the three years since then, she has worked real hard to overcome her condition and also did a lot of singing practice, so now she is able to sing again.

I am just so happy.

To me, music and my band are the most important part of my life; so when I think about the possibility of losing them, it would be like losing hope and dream. It would probably be more painful than dying.

Rami feels the same way as I do, that is why she worked super hard to get back to where she is now, I am so proud of her and I am really happy for her.

Congratulations

Even though she is not part of our band anymore, we will continue to push and encourage each other, together we will show the world just how wonderful metal and music is.

I'll be rooting for her and please everyone check them out.

Since we haven't seen each other in a while now, so it was nice to catch up and it brought back a lot of good memories.

-----

Note the bolded comment. I noticed when Raglaia music first came out that she had much more control. She wasn't just shrieking at the top of her lungs any more and was more of a singer.

Also, IIRC, when Rami came back she made a statement on Twitter to the effect of I don't want my old job back, Re:No is the singer of Aldious now, or something to that effect. Given all the pictures I've seen of her with Toki, Yoshi and Re:No, and how many times she has attended Aldious shows and blogged about it, I'd say she's on good terms with them.

I don't think her health is 100% either but for other reasons. The Raglaia "tour" was a joke. Three dates? And six months after releasing the album? Also, in a blog post she said her blood pressure dropped to 86/60, which is dangerously low. So I suspect she may not be fully healthy. After Armmy's sudden death, yeah, I'm worried for her.

Lol Sade. No Ordinary Love is my favorite song of hers.

But comparing Re:no as Sade, that's kind of going too far no? lol

Re:no needs to practice her lows, that's for damn sure.

I know she can too, because you could hear it in first track off their new album: Re:Fire.

Glad you got the reference. :)

Re:No's problems are highs, not lows. She butchers "Mermaid," which has some serious high notes at the end.

And "Re:Fire" is so damn odd. It's the best thing they've done since she joined, and re:no wrote it, music and lyrics. Then again, she also wrote "Die for you," and the less said about that the better.

Glad you got the reference. :)

Re:No's problems are highs, not lows. She butchers "Mermaid," which has some serious high notes at the end.

And "Re:Fire" is so damn odd. It's the best thing they've done since she joined, and re:no wrote it, music and lyrics. Then again, she also wrote "Die for you," and the less said about that the better.

I guess What I meant to say was that she should focus more on emphasizing her lows. Easier to master.

I know her highs suck ass. It becomes too pop-ish/incoherent when she goes a higher tone. Probably why they change the songs entirely.

Oh and I can't believe you actually tried to listen to her covers for Rami's songs. Good god it sounded so horrid with her highs.

She better not cover Spirit Black, I swear to god.

Thanks for the clarification re: Rami's current relationship with Aldious!

Well, I guess it's "downhill" if you are just really into the power metal songs. (I'm assuming that they were "power metal". I dunno genres). But I wasn't. "Sweet Temptation" is my favourite Aldious song by far. Re:no even sounds decent in that song.

I do realize I'm coming from a totally different direction with this opinion, since Aldious started out as very power metal, it makes sense that their original fans are disappointed with their new music.

For the sake of my sanity, I will not watch that lol.

edit: Oh thank god, it's Rami!

guess you did watch it. :) I should have said so.

If you compare that video to live clips from Dazed and Delight, clearly a lot has changed. Aldious is slower but much more polished. Rami era was fast, furious and a little messy, which I liked.

It reminds me of Def Leppard's change from High n Dry to Pyromania. They made a deliberate change in direction, and brought in Phil Collen, and went for a more produced, polished and softer sound. (it didn't help that their drummer lost an arm. he used to do some nice fills) I liked the rough around the edges essence of HnD and still listen to it. "Let it go" and "Lady Strange" are great rock n roll that has held up well. "Foolin'?" Not so much.

Some bands just take that course. It just sucks when it's a band I like. :) And while Marina is a good drummer, I'll really miss Aruto sitting behind her kit making funny faces while playing.

BTW Katy Perry would be a big improvement for Aldious. Have you ever seen her live videos? That girl has some serious vocal power.

If you compare that video to live clips from Dazed and Delight, clearly a lot has changed. Aldious is slower but much more polished. Rami era was fast, furious and a little messy, which I liked.

Some bands just take that course. It just sucks when it's a band I like. :) And while Marina is a good drummer, I'll really miss Aruto sitting behind her kit making funny faces while playing.

I agree. Rami made the band feel like a "true" metal band.

Watching their older PV's with their old drummer had a better feel too. Nothing against their new drummer, of course.

Wow. I knew she was a mix (she has said she's half Okinawan and half "American," which could be any caucasian ethnicity) but she never really looked it. That icon picture of her really showed it for the first time.

Wow. I knew she was a mix (she has said she's half Okinawan and half "American," which could be any caucasian ethnicity) but she never really looked it. That icon picture of her really showed it for the first time.

So mysterious lol

RAMI solo new album "Aspiration" will be released at 2016/09/07 (3 TYPE)

Loppi/HMV edition (3,996yen) will include CD+DVD+mini photobook, limited edition (3,564yen) will include CD+DVD, and regular edition (2,700yen) will include CD only

[CD track list]
01.Overture To Aspiration
02.In My Eyes
03.Secret Flame
04.Forever Precious
05.Sing For You
06.恋しさと せつなさと 心強さと(itoshisato setsunasato kokorotsuyosato)
07.Pray To The Sky
08.Rainwater

[Loppi/HMV edition & limited edition DVD track list]
・In My Eyes (PV)
・In My Eyes (Behind the Scenes)
・Pray To The Sky (PV)

RAMI has established her fan-club "RAMI Guild"

content_RAMI-016_HMV_jpg_96.jpg

content_RAMI-015_CD_jpg_96.jpg

content_RAMI-014_CD_jpg_96.jpg

Edited by Trombe