Sign in to follow this  
anadentone

Fave Female Lead Bands/songs?

I'm giving away my age here, but when I was a teen I use to be huge crazy over female grunge artist. Mainly because rock/punk songs were devoid of female musicians and the only females in the music biz was pop star.

From my pantera loving friend, I got introduced to L7, 7 year bitch, Cycle sluts from hell, babes in Toyland, The Nymphs, Kittie, Bikini Kill and yes, Hole.

Of course grunge died and pop music became rabid. Eventually, bands like Evanescence (AMY LEE I LOVE YOU!!!) and Lacuna Coil (Cristina and no there damn H in it :D ) came out but I feel there's more out there, I just don't know about.With VK, I got introduced to Mary's blood and Exist Trace (Mally <3)

Sooooo whose your face female lead bands and/or songs :D

Well, a voice that particularly sticks out to me is Miyuki Nakajima. Her voice literally is so strong, it can probably echo throughout the galaxy. I also really the voices of Jessicka (Jack Off Jill era), Bjork, Mimori Yusa, Bilinda Butcher & Chara.

Well, a voice that particularly sticks out to me is Miyuki Nakajima. Her voice literally is so strong, it can probably echo throughout the galaxy. I also really the voices of Jessicka (Jack Off Jill era), Bjork, Mimori Yusa, Bilinda Butcher & Chara.

ooh I forgot about Jack off Jill :D and Mimori Yusa <3

I'm all for female R&B/pop/electronic singers and singer-songwritters.

Marissa Nadler

Chelsea Wolfe

JJ

Portishead ( a personal favorite of mine)

Tori Amos

I haven't got too many bands in my library, so lemme' go check for fems.

Akai Tsuki.

Asobi Seksu.

Changin' My Life.

The Cranberries.

Kanon Wakeshima.

Konomi Suzuki.

LUI FRONTiC 赤羽 JAPAN.

Maon Kurosaki.

Mashiro Ayano.

myco.

Sayaka Sasaki.

Shakira.

Uehara Hiromi.

Saishuu Mirai Heiki Mofu.

Utada Hikaru.

Wagakki Band.

Yuuka Ueno.

Leo Ieiri.

Shishido Kavka.

And that's it.

Seeing Shakira amongst so many Japanese names always makes me chuckle.

I've always thought Vixen was awesome. I remember when I got into hair metal, I was watching MTV2, and I saw Vixen, an all-female hair metal band that totally rocked. Now that was cool!  I love their song "Edge of a Broken Heart" - it was so different from stuff like Blondie.

Other than them...I don't really know :D 

I did see some band open up for Motley Crue one time that was awesome. I don't remember their name, unfortunately.

I used to love Evanescence, but for some reason stopped following them. I should probably see what Amy and the gang has been up to.

Outside of Japanese stuff lately I listen to a lot of In This Moment, Butcher Babies, Conquer Divide, Icon For Hire, Paramore (long time favorite), Florence + The Machine (though I guess maybe they're pop-ish?), and Walls of Jericho. 

Sign in to follow this