Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

David Bowie has passed away

I'm still trying to process this.  His music has helped me through so many tough times, helped me form my own identity, and given me the courage to seek what I want out of both my situation and myself.  His music was a part of me at more than just the level of enjoyment, it became the beat that drove me through my day.

More than a week has passed, and I still have trouble accepting it. He was a great artist, he gave us a lot, more than we will ever be able to know. Visual kei itself has its root on the works, the antics and the creativity of this man. I find the words of Candy Warhol especially accurate to decribe my feelings:

This affect me personally deeper than I thought.

But more than a loss, as music lovers, we surely can appreciate what a great gift he left us behind. Thank you, David Bowie.

9y2ia57s6lss88c4cocckc0os_tumblr_tmp.jpg

Yeah, I still can't accept this wonderful mans death as well as Lemmy and Alan Rickman. I rewatched Galaxy Quest the other day and I've had David Bowie and Motorhead on full rotation for sometime now.

I don't know who or what could facilitate a release of everything by him that had been vaulted from the 70's but god I hope stars align so that happens. Low is one of my favorite albums ever and All Saints and Some Are rule.

^ Well, we already have the monstrous Five Years box set with the subtitle "1969-1973", so I'm guessing other periods of his are inevitable to get released later too (even tho memorial deluxe versions of his '70s albums have already been out in these last few years xD). I would also love to hear those last 5 demo songs he sent over to Visconti, while already planning the follow-up to Blackstar.

Sign in to follow this