sinroque

Hi there

Hello everyone, I've been an occasional lurker here for a year a so and finally decided to join the community.

I guess I'm relatively new to the visual kei scene, only really starting to listen to vk bands around two years ago. I'm a huge Dir en grey fan, I love both their earlier work and their current heavier sound as well as their insane live performances. Other bands I'm into include Luna Sea, Plastic Tree, Lareine, Versailles, deadman, 9goats and mucc. I do like most gazette stuff before beautiful deformity as well. Seems like I usually prefer vk from an era before I actually heard of it hehehe.

If we're talking non-vk/international acts, I listen to a pretty eclectic range of music. Envy, Ling tosite sigure, Bjork, Nightwish, Damien Rice, Sigur Ros, Antony and the Johnsons, Insomnium, Eluveitie, Florence + The Machine, Drake, P!nk, Dido...

I don't really fanboy over any particular artist (eg. omg kyo-sama so kawaii desu!!!) as the sound, skill and emotion put into a performance matters a lot more to me. That being said, I absolutely love the aesthetic of vk bands. A big reason why I was attracted to vk was the androgynous, ageless, other-worldly looks of the bands.

Well anyway hello everyone, I hope to get to know yall better and perhaps find ways to contribute to the community later :)