Sign in to follow this  
Kira_Uchiha

While She Sleeps

I can't believe there's no thread about them, this band is FREAKING AMAZING! One of the best in their genre  *__*

Did you guys ever hear about them?
What do you think about this band?
:rock:

Well tbh I just find them so much better than most generic-core we get nowadays :'3
The guitar riffs and the lyrics are really well written, with next to no chugging which is a nice change I think ^__^

I really enjoy this band. Their live shows are also insane. They give 200%, and seem like all around nice guys. They also seem to work with Japanese bands lately (Crossfaith, and right now they are touring with coldrain). 

The newest album took a little while to grow on me for some reason but I dearly love The North Stands For Nothing and This Is The Six.

♥♥♥♥♥♥

Now that's my senpai :'3
Ugh how I'd love to see them live T^T

The first record I listened from them was This Is The Six, so when I went to The North Stands For Nothing, I liked it but the production kinda put me off. Oh how I'd LOVE it if they could re-record this EP :'D

And yeah, I too took a while to get used to Brainwashed, cuz maybe the composition ain't as "straightforward" as This Is The Six but after a few listens, this album is KICKASS!

I hope you get to sometime!

This year at Warped Tour the event was on the waterfront and as soon as they finished their last song Loz jumped off stage, ran across the park and right into the ocean lol. 

A re-recording would sound pretty awesome. I'm sure they'd improve the songs just from playing them so much at this point too. Brainwashed did grow on me and I love it now, but in a different way. Like you said, it's got a different feeling than the others. But at the same time it reinvented them too, and I admire that they aren't afraid to change up their sound. 

LOZ DID WHAT!?
Omfg argh, I always miss out on the good stuff cuz I live on this freaking island xD
Soon soon, Imma get out of here O-O

YES
With Brainwashed they really showed their ability to stay fresh and not fall into any of metalcore's cliches :'D

I wish there were more bands like them tbh, more work on songwriting, not just chugging .-.

Yuuuuussss, actually Trophies of Violence might be my favorite song from them *_*
This song makes me want to go out and slap all my neighbours while running 10 laps around my city ._.

Oh man. I knew about these guys for a while but didn't really pay attention to them until Warped Tour. I fell in love instantly. I literally remember them playing and it just sort of blew my face off. 

These guys rock.

Oh man. I knew about these guys for a while but didn't really pay attention to them until Warped Tour. I fell in love instantly. I literally remember them playing and it just sort of blew my face off. 

These guys rock.

Amen bruh :3

What's your favorite song from them?

Ugh I sooooo want to see them live :<

Amen bruh :3

What's your favorite song from them?

Ugh I sooooo want to see them live :<

I'm still really new to them so i can't say i have a favorite song but I'm really enjoying the brainwashed album. 

I only truly discovered their music a few months ago... so I have some catching up to do!

I'd see them live again. I think they're really good.

I don't know the members names yet, but the vocalist hung upside down while singing on stage... he was pretty high  up .___.

HOLY SHIT MY INNER FANBOY JUST WOKE UP HNNNNG *_*

Now I want a Crossfaith and While She Sleeps collaboration so freaking bad D:

Guest lynchisizer

If they would have a better screamer and real clean vocal passages and if they wouldn't try too hard to be Parkway Drive songwriting-wise, then I could maybe get into them, but otherwise... meh... I stick to lynch., Architects & Parkway Drive \m/

Guest lynchisizer

Of course there had to be one person that likes to pee in the cheerios.

Well I just said my opinion, I mean topics are there for something like this: to share one's opinion about a certain subject. and if someone doesn't like anything, then he should be allowed to say opinion, or are these topics only there nowadays just to be forced to fangirl about everything? If it would be flaming, that would be another topic, but I guess we all are grown up and know that flaming is bad, so as long as the opinion isn't some reasonless hate comment, then everything's fine. If anyone thinks that my opinion is just a flame comment, then I'm really sorry for offending anyone, but I just want to have my own opinion, if yuno what I mean.

It was meant to be funny, not an attack. It just means it was a matter of time before someone had to state a negative opinion in a thread that was positive up to that point. It literally ALWAYS happens here.

Guest lynchisizer

It was meant to be funny, not an attack. It just means it was a matter of time before someone had to state a negative opinion in a thread that was positive up to that point. It literally ALWAYS happens here.

I know, I didn't felt attacked at all, so everything's cool. yea I also noticed that this always happens, but yea, someone has to do it, and this time it was me, I guess everyone in this forum has to do it at least once because we all know that the tastes of everyone are completely different, so not everybody likes everything etc.

lynchisizer, bruh look, no one is blaming you for having an opinion. Everyone view things differently, so clashes in opinion is completely normal. Criticism is fine but ffs if you'll come in here to be like "Meh I don't like this band because of (insert trivial reason here)", then you'll just ruin the enjoyment for everyone. On the other hand, constructive criticism would make much more for a good discussion. Your arguments:

-"If they would have a better screamer"

Why don't you find him to be a good screamer? Ofc he's not the best, but he is WAY better than most of the metalcore/deathcore/hardcore scene combined. His screams are consistent and powerful(especially in their last album, he improved noticeably).

-"real clean vocal passages"
Those are gang vocals, not clean vocals, and they fit the music really well. Plus the anthemic gang vocals are really a fresh change from the cliche clean vocals which you can find in 98% of core music.

-"try too hard to be Parkway Drive songwriting-wise"

Now this...are you serious? Okay Parkway Drive do have their "gang vocals" moments but jfc WSS songwriting is SO different from Parkway Drive. I don't how or why you would find them similar. I've been listening to Parkway Drive for years, and I can tell you that While She Sleep's style much more melodic and diverse, especially their riffs. And oh, less chugging too.

-"I stick to lynch.,  Architects & Parkway Drive \m/"

Well good for you but there are other threads to show your preferences in music, this is a thread about WSS, so please stay on topic and don't fanboy/girl/gender on other bands here, this will just help piss people off.

So yeah, if you got a constructive criticism/opinion it's cool, otherwise please keep it to yourself and don't ruin other people's enjoyment please. Ofc it's your right to post, but I think it's common courtesy to just move along if something doesn't match your taste.

Guest lynchisizer

lynchisizer, bruh look, no one is blaming you for having an opinion. Everyone view things differently, so clashes in opinion is completely normal. Criticism is fine but ffs if you'll come in here to be like "Meh I don't like this band because of (insert trivial reason here)", then you'll just ruin the enjoyment for everyone. On the other hand, constructive criticism would make much more for a good discussion. Your arguments:

-"If they would have a better screamer"

Why don't you find him to be a good screamer? Ofc he's not the best, but he is WAY better than most of the metalcore/deathcore/ !@#$%^&* scene combined. His screams are consistent and powerful(especially in their last album, he improved noticeably).

-"real clean vocal passages"

Those are gang vocals, not clean vocals, and they fit the music really well. Plus the anthemic gang vocals are really a fresh change from the cliche clean vocals which you can find in 98% of core music.

-"try too hard to be Parkway Drive songwriting-wise"

Now this...are you serious? Okay Parkway Drive do have their "gang vocals" moments but jfc WSS songwriting is SO different from Parkway Drive. I don't how or why you would find them similar. I've been listening to Parkway Drive for years, and I can tell you that While She Sleep's style much more melodic and diverse, especially their riffs. And oh, less chugging too.

-"I stick to lynch.,  Architects & Parkway Drive \m/"

Well good for you but there are other threads to show your preferences in music, this is a thread about WSS, so please stay on topic and don't fanboy/girl/gender on other bands here, this will just help piss people off.

So yeah, if you got a constructive criticism/opinion it's cool, otherwise please keep it to yourself and don't ruin other people's enjoyment please. Ofc it's your right to post, but I think it's common courtesy to just move along if something doesn't match your taste.

I knew it that I should have written more... I never have been very good with expressing myself, but still I want to have an opinion about a certain, so this is why I want to practice it, so thank you very much for the advices, and sorry for this not very mature comment of mine :/ I will try to explain myself better:

1. I never said he is a bad screamer, I only am not digging his screams that much as I do dig other screams like for example Winston's from Parkway Drive (sorry, I am just somebody who needs comparisons to describe anything... ), for my taste, I think they could be a bit thicker and more powerful... like I said I need to improve my way of expression, otherwise I will always sound like a stubborn little child x.x

2. I have to agree with you on the point with the cliche clean vocals in metalcore nowadays, there are way too many of them indeed... though we can't just look over the few expections, like for example (sorry, another comparison...) Architects (Sam may sometimes use this "cliche" clean vocals we're talking about, but he also his unique cleans which sound like a mix of screams and cleans, which I really dig, for example in Naysayer or Youth Is Wasted On The Young) or Breakdown Of Sanity (I just really like how they place the clean vocal passages in their songs, they never write in this typical song structure, and these short clean vocal passage give the song some kind of edge)...

3. well I kinda guessed that this comment will make problems... the thing is that Parkway Drive is probably the first Metalcoreband I listened to which mainly breaks away from this typical song structure, so this is why I always tend to compare everything with Parkway, so therefore I really should be sorry for this statement... but now that you mention it, I wanted to point out that I think that WSS has some cool riffs and leads indeed!

4. yup I know, sorry for this immature comment again...

again I'm very sorry, if you have other tips and advices how to make constructive criticism, then I'm looking forward to hear then.

Don't take it so hard man, live and learn, you've already expressed yourself better in this post so yeah, just relax and be cool :3

If you have an opinion about a band and you can find a way to clearly explain what you like and dislike about their sound, songwriting, members, whatever, then post it cuz as long as your argument is constructive, it's totally fine =w=

Sign in to follow this