Sign in to follow this  
doombox

[The Great Album Debate] ONE OK ROCK: 感情エフェクト vs 人生 x 僕=

ONE OK ROCK  

7 members have voted

1. 1. æ??æ??ã?¨ã??ã?§ã?¯ã?? vs 人ç?? x å??=?

• æ??æ??ã?¨ã??ã?§ã?¯ã?? (Kanjou Effect)
    • 人ç?? x å??= (Jinsei x Boku =)

tumblr_nvkf0t0D3Q1rfey86o1_1280.jpg

We're baaaaack! This time with a band hellbent on world domination, ONE OK ROCK!

It's been 10 years since OOR stepped on the scene and they've been rockin' pretty hard since.

We're pitting 2 fan-favorite albums against each other today so prepare to weigh in!

感情エフェクト     vs     人生 x 僕=   

tumblr_nvkf0t0D3Q1rfey86o3_r1_250.jpg                tumblr_nvkf0t0D3Q1rfey86o2_r1_250.jpg

Which one is your favorite and why?

Kanjou Effect, no question about it.

OOR was a big favorite of mine from their early works until 2011 (Zankyou Reference). I had songs from them mark certain moments of my life and all those generic things. Part of their charm was that, while they never tried to not be a mainstream band, they always kept some sort of rawness and vulnerability that was somewhat endearing. But after 2011, they got super popular and turned to a more polished, less raw stadium-rock sound that just can't compare to the music they released during their prime. I don't blame them for doing it, but no matter how much I try, I can't get excited about their music as I used to. So yeah, that's my vote.

人生 x 僕= because most of the songs on it are also included in my overall favorite OOR songs. It also makes me feel really calm when I listen to it for whatever reason lol.

only 3 albums that I like from OOR: 感情エフェクト, niche syndrome, and zankyou reference. After that, I didn't listen to them anymore, the reason is same as saishuu said.

Jinsei X Boku is very weak. the rawness and their energy they usually have disappear. I suggest they changed name to ONE OK POP

Sign in to follow this