Sign in to follow this  
Spike760

Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak admits Android will dominate!

Apple co-founder, Steve Wozniak, has never been one to mince words. Today's no different as demonstrated in an interview with the Dutch-language De Telegraaf newspaper in The Netherlands. The first revelation is an admission that Apple had collaborated with a well-known Japanese consumer electronics company in 2004 to develop a phone that was ahead of its time. Woz is quoted as saying that while Apple was content with the quality, it "wanted something that could amaze the world." Obviously, the phone was shelved followed by Apple's announcement of the iPhone in January 2007.

Woz then moved on to the topic of Android saying that Android smartphones, not the iPhone, would become dominant, noting that the Google OS is likely to win the race similarly to the way that Windows ultimately dominated the PC world. Woz stressed that the iPhone, "Has very few weak points. There aren't any real complaints and problems. In terms of quality, the iPhone is leading." However, he then conceded that, "Android phones have more features," and offer more choice for more people. Eventually, he thinks that Android quality, consistency, and user satisfaction will match iOS.

Steve closed the interview with a jab at Nokia calling it, "the brand from a previous generation" suggesting that the boys from Finland should introduce a new brand for a young consumer. Hmm, so we guess he'll be in line for the launch of the MeeGo-based N9 then?

I know you guys don't like Android as much as me, but shit this was hilarious, lol.

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/18/stev ... -platform/

I know you guys don't like Android as much as me, but shit this was hilarious, lol.

No, we don't 8D;

But. I have to say, I can see the droid quickly coming up to standards with the iPhone, if not passing it, mainly for the fact that its run on an open platform, wheres the iPhone OS is a closed platform.

More people working on things, adding new features, being on more of a level with the common user force, will make the droid become a better device.

But for now. I don't like it 8D I still like my iPhone. Give it a few more years and then we'll see.

No, we don't 8D;

But. I have to say, I can see the droid quickly coming up to standards with the iPhone, if not passing it, mainly for the fact that its run on an open platform, wheres the iPhone OS is a closed platform.

that underlined part, is why Jobs kind of stupid.

if only it's open platform, i bet me head, Apple will surpass Windows in no time.

And plus the next generation of Android phones coming out early 2011, are gonna be 4G with a dual core 2GHz (double the i*hone4) processor, capable of doing 1080p video recording/playback and forward facing cameras.

And plus the next generation of Android phones coming out early 2011, are gonna be 4G with a dual core 2GHz (double the i*hone4) processor, capable of doing 1080p video recording/playback and forward facing cameras.

Apples coming out with a new iPhone along with their launch on the Verizon networks (ie, 4G support). Nothing special there dear

I really wanted an iphone after I had an ipod touch, but I got an android phone instead. I haven't thought of apple since. Android is the best!

Sign in to follow this