Sign in to follow this  
Mihenno

[SOLVED] How to convert security cam video?

This is going to be a shot in the dark. Long story short, my place of work got broken into and our safe was stolen. A food warehouse down the street has security cameras in the alley and they gave us the footage which shows a guy walking through the alley into our lot and then out of the alley carrying the safe and our DVR recorder. I was given the footage so I could burn it and make copies, I wanted to trim down the videos though and see if I could zoom in and shit to get a better look at the fucker who robbed us but I don't know what I'm doing.

I'm on a Mac

I want to bring the video into Final Cut Pro or even QuickTime, but it only seems to be able to play through VLC.

The file format for the videos says .mp4 but I feel like that's a lie. Is there a way to transcode(?) it or something so that it'll open in QuickTime or Final Cut so I can mess around with the footage? 

I don't know what to do

¯\_()_/¯

My first guess is to see if the MP4 has DRM on it that would prevent copying or tampering with the footage.

Thanks for the response! I ended up giving Miro Video Converter a try and it ended up working.