Sign in to follow this  
OmegaChaos

[Pop Metal] Dead by April

DeadbyAprilLoveLikeBlood.png

Dead By April is a Pop Metal band from Gothenburg, Sweden.

The band released a demo in 2007 and another in 2008, and they both leaked out to several peer-to-peer-sites. During this time they also played in local venues around Gothenburg. The demo also spawned one radio single, Falling Behind. In 2008, the band received two awards, both for Best Newcomer, on “Swedish Pop Awards?? and “Bandit Rock Awards??

Really great band...a bit poppish for some..but for me very catchy and enjoyable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NWdRchzEzg

i actually enjoyed them pretty much, it's been a while since i listened to them... who knows if i still dig their album?

they opened for versailles/matenrou opera in stockholm when they were there, so I heard them then. [of course I had already liked them before, but still]

'new' release is out/leaked. that is to say, a remix album of sorts.

Trapped (2010 Mix)

Angels Of Clarity (2010 Mix)

Stronger (2010 Mix)

My Saviour

Leaves Falling

Love Like Blood

Angels Of Clarity (Shawn 'Clown' Crahan 'Slipknot' Remix)

Losing You (2010 Acoustic Version)

Promise Me (2010 Acoustic Version)

More Than Yesterday (Demo Version)

I honestly can't stand this to the original, but that wasn't really the point, huh. I can't wait for their next album, as long as it's as good as their first.

The only real news is that they lost both their guitarists, and the songwriter of the two returned to be a tour member and of course songwriter.

They really opened for Versailles/Matenrou Opera?...Wow that,s really a suprise.In this remix album only 1 song is new....but it is epic .....but yeah I look forward to new album as well

Though I do like Love Bike Blood, that is a cover song by some other band, unless you meant the Demo song, which I liked as well. haha.

But yea, their opening resulted [not that I understand if that was really the reason] in Matenrou Opera having a RAPED set list. Oh well.

In either case, it's not like any visual bands actually come to Sweden anymore, heh.

I kind of do hope that they change it up a little, because you can only do so much with their style. [Honestly, there's a little to how much cliche lyrics I can stomach.]

Yeah I meant new demo song,More Than Yesterday.Well,I hope they do less ballads this time and do more screams...because Jimmie,s screaming is the best I have ever heard.

and yeah,their lyrics are cheesy as hell..

Thought they were pretty cool, but for some reason I don't feel like listening to them anymore, it just kinda bores me :/

Pop metal? Like ADTR?

not really,ADTR fuses Pop punk and very cheesy Metalcore/Hardcore...but Dead by April fuses Pop and Metalcore with Melodic death influence.

new album in september.

I did like their single, although I couldn't stand two-faced... what a stupid song.

Imo Two Faced was actually very good...pretty heavy song for them also..

For some reason, the lyrics just IRRITATES me beyond reason.

I mean, it's not like their lyrics were ever any good, but there was something about it :/.

I was expecting some gothenburg metal type sound but they don't really have a mid point between the pop and metal and seem to combine the broader end of those two genres. They seem interesting so I'll be checking some of their stuff out. Though they are quite poppy at times, almost too much,

DBA is the only band that I could receive them rapidly!

the first song of them I ever heard is Calling.

the pioneer of modern metalcore 

Sign in to follow this