Trombe

LUNA SEA LIVE Blu-ray/DVD "Live on A WILL" release

LUNA SEA LIVE DVD "Live on A WILL" will be released at 2015/06/24 (2 TYPE), and Blu-ray edition (8,618yen) will be released at 2015/07/22
DVD limited edition (9,698yen) will include DVD+CD, and DVD regular edition (7,538yen) will include DVD only

[blu-ray/DVD track list]
01.Anthem of Light
02.Rouge
03.The End of the Dream
04.MARIA
05.Glowing
06.乱-RUN-
07.absorb
08.Metamorphosis
09.銀ノ月(gin no tsuki)
10.Thoughts
11.Grace

[CD track list]
01.Anthem of Light
02.Rouge
03.The End of the Dream
04.MARIA
05.Glowing
06.乱-RUN-
07.absorb
08.Metamorphosis
09.銀ノ月(gin no tsuki)
10.Thoughts
11.Grace
12.Lost World

Yeah, most of the previous live DVD/blu-ray releases contain tracks they've mostly played to death and are hardly different from each other minus a few key songs.

This one is somewhat different in that at least they're playing the whole new album.

But jeez, those price tags are not really fan friendly.

For once they played all new songs on a live, not just classic LUNA SEA songs BUT they decide to release a live DVD with the new songs only (+ the album but well)

THIS IS STUPID OMFG , they should have released that one full live in which they played all the new songs, especially for that price, 56€ for that, it's insane

^ It's pretty dumb, yeah... Like I kinda understand how they wanted to showcase only all the new stuff like for example BUCK-TICK did with the 13th Floor with Diana DVD. But at least with B-T's release there was a whole theatrical concept / vague storyline to it, not just a regular (albeit gigantic) concert like here. xD

There will never be a DVD box set with the whole Lunatic Fest, it's impossble, there will be way too many hours of live, too many bands, and so damn expensive

Well, just to know, did they release the whole hide memorial summit as a DVD set some years ago ? if yes I guess there's a chance, but highly doubt it XD

well, it doesn't have to be the entire gig of all bands but some live clips from every band would be nice lol. although if they do release a DVD from that live it will probably be luna sea's gig both days and muteki band (if they do it).

Buck Tick came out with a DVD release of their 2012 Parade lives. Although from the looks of it, it was more of a tease since it only contained one song from each guest act. However with torrenting what it is, you can find the a WOWOW broadcast with more than what the DVD ever offered.

Likewise the Hide memorial was almost fully broadcast in HD and shared via torrenting so fortunately fans outside of Japan didn't miss 'seeing' that live. Although I foolishly never downloaded the HD stream (usually those are the first to die or disappear due to the size), the SD streams are pretty easy to find.

Being that Luna Sea has to juice concert profits by selling broadcasting rights to all of their shows, I wouldn't doubt if the Lunatic Fest will be online soon enough like most of their other recent concerts in the last few years. To me a good 1080i satellite rip of an uncut live is infinitely better than a DVD, edited-down digest version or nothing at all.
And while broadcasting rights might be easier to achieve, there's lots of roadblocks when it comes to negotiating with bands from different labels / managements in order to actually have their material be released under another label. Hence the Buck Tick On Parade DVD only features the BT covers the other bands did.