Sign in to follow this  
Traxan

BandMaid

So this video is being passed around my Facebook feed by a bunch of friends.

Now, knowing Japan's penchant for contrivances (AKB48, Babymetal) and the whole maid cafe obsession, I initially dismissed it. Now I'm not so sure. For starters the song is really fucking good, so I want it to be real.

So does anyone know if these girls are a genuine band, formed by the members and writing their own songs, or if they are an agency creation?

Edited by Traxan

All their music seems to be credited to composer Akutsu Kentaro, so I don't think they are a 'real' band. Their record company also looks like it takes regular auditions... I'm betting this is an fringe idol group. Apparently this composer also writes for PASSPO☆.

On 4/13/2015 at 0:58 PM, Traxan said:

So does anyone know if these girls are a genuine band, formed by the members and writing their own songs, or if they are an agency creation?

Well as seems to be pointed out, their roots are with a talent agency and their songs may be composed by someone else (thanks for finding that out by the way, I wasn't aware.)

This being said, I had the pleasure of seeing them perform live in May and I can say without a doubt I would not for a second doubt that they are a "real" band. They can certainly perform the music extremely well.

19 hours ago, Traxan said:

Their newest video, shot while in Seattle for Sakura-con.

Wonderful song. I think I wanna learn it on Guitar!

Sign in to follow this