Sign in to follow this  
sai

Alice Nine - Stargazer:

Here's my review for Alice Nine's new single.

Stargazer: - I heard the crappy PV version of this song, and it didn't impress me that much just yet. Hearing it on the single version doesn't impress me either. It's OK, but nothing special. The solo is good, but Shou singing "Starlight' as "Starright" sounds awful. It's "Follow me" all over again. Except now it doesn't sound as horrible, his English has improved a little. Or Google Translate or some other translating machine just updated their system. (if he used any of the sort). 7.5/10, because it's still pretty catchy.

SHINKIROU - The intro is boring, I really like the guitar though, the riffs are a bit like "Are you gonna go my way" by Lenny Kravitz. Let's be honest, I don't like to say it, but the chorus totally ruins it. And then I mean some parts of Shou's singing. It's really boring me at this point, it's like I've heard this a dozen times before. 6.5/10

Karma - Hopefully this is not as bad as same-titled album from Mucc. Okay, intro starts of nice. I notice now that Senkou was a bit heavier than this single. Once again, I don't really like the chorus, the rest is good. Nice solo. At some parts in this song Shou sounds like a whining cat. No offense, I like his voice, but it was just plain annoying at some points. It's good apart from the chorus, so 7/10

Overall: 7/10

Alice Nine did an OK job, but this was not their best. I prefer Senkou and Hana over this, to be honest. It's just so boring, and all songs sound like I've heard them before.

I'll keep this short: Stargazer bores me, I kinda like Shinkirou, and Karma sounds bland and forgettable to me. I liked the Senkou single better. I'd give it something like a 5/10.

I only listened to them once so far, but honestly I'm the opposite I was really impressed by this single. I think it had more substance in less tracks than Senkou had, at least. Stargazer was my favorite on the single, Karma was my least favorite, but it wasn't terrible. Shinkirou grew on me as the song went on. I just hope that when they do their next album, it won't suck as bad as VANDALIZE did.

I mean... VANDALIZE's singles were good... Mirrorball, Rainbows, Cross Game... I liked them, but the whole album sucked. This one... Hana, Senkou, and Stargazer... I like these a lot more. I have more hope for this album.

oh it's a nice album.

Very pleasant to ears.

It's been awhile since i hear A9 the last time,

i don't remember that Shou could do those vibra thing he did

on stargazer: which was very appreciated. Boy, this lad can sing!

The second and third songs are also sounded good.

Very typical J-Pop but good.

As a whole, the single takes me to mid-end 90s vk where Glay and L'arc was Kings. Awesome stuffs.

It brought my faith back after that song where Shou sporting shutter shades *ugh* that were not too impressive for me :lol:

Very boring and AWFUL. I delete rite away after 6 listens for these 3 songs. srsly, this single sucked and gives me a headache after listening to shartagazer.

1/10

I'll keep this short: Stargazer bores me, I kinda like Shinkirou, and Karma sounds bland and forgettable to me. I liked the Senkou single better. I'd give it something like a 5/10.

This.

Sign in to follow this