Sign in to follow this  
Tony

exist†trace - TWIN GATE (Review)

Not much new material here, but of what there is, I really like DECIDE and Maid of Orleans. Nice riffs and on the heavier side of their poppier sound.

Knife (album mix) just sounds like it has some better production.

Don't like Neverland, unforgive you or world without end. Blaze has its moments but doesn't quite get there.

5/10

I don't really like any of the new songs. Everything that was already releases however is still awesome. 7/10

I never liked them a lot anyway, and I though I was going to like this release but it doesn't seem like it. The songs aren't bad, but it's just really boring and it almost made me to skip it.

5/10

Two or three songs on the first half of the album (not in particular order) were really good.

But it started going downhill after,

and new mix for Cradle sounds so boring, no hook or anything

just flat down like Granny's tits, which is too bad, cos it have the potential to be an epic song, a song that could slowly floats the listener to somekind of light. Something's wrong with the vocal, cos the music itself already epic actually, if only there's instrumental version of this included, it'd be my fave.

the cover art are so ugly too.

What's the philosophy of them giving us cold shoulder like that?

End of a chapter or something?

The verdict, at some songs i just feel like listening releases from major J-Pop rookie when i listening to Twin Gate, though they may not rookie at all. While the other i am pretty much enjoyed it. But overall it's a forgetable release.

By far the best thing they've put out up until now. The older stuff was ruined by extremely weak vocals and bad production.

Probably a 6.5/10 or something. Decent, but will most likely get deleted with time. 6.5/10 just isn't good enough to be kept on my computer.

By far the best thing they've put out up until now. The older stuff was ruined by extremely weak vocals and bad production.

Probably a 6.5/10 or something. Decent, but will most likely get deleted with time. 6.5/10 just isn't good enough to be kept on my computer.

I didn't think I'd actually see that first sentence here, or anywhere, since most everyone likes to winge on about how they were way better before. I thought they were extremely sub-par before this recent spate of releases.

I think they've gotten better and better with each release. Or, some of the older songs are better than the knew ones ing eneral, but they are ruined by shitty vocals and bad production that makes 'em unlistenable. This is actually one of a very few bands that should re-record all their earlier stuff. I don't see how it can be worse than the old stuff due to the vocals, so that would have been pretty damn cool.

And comming from me this means their earlier stuff sounds really fucking bad. I'm the kind of guy who listen to demos from the 80's without problems and enjoys ldjarn and do not have any problems with the production on their harsh stuff. But Exist Trace just takes the god damn cake on their early recording. RE-RECORD NAO!!!!

I liked most of the songs, some were a bit boring though and i

never really liked them a few years ago, were too heavy for me.

7/10

I think they've gotten better and better with each release. Or, some of the older songs are better than the knew ones ing eneral, but they are ruined by shitty vocals and bad production that makes 'em unlistenable. This is actually one of a very few bands that should re-record all their earlier stuff. I don't see how it can be worse than the old stuff due to the vocals, so that would have been pretty damn cool.

And comming from me this means their earlier stuff sounds really fucking bad. I'm the kind of guy who listen to demos from the 80's without problems and enjoys ldjarn and do not have any problems with the production on their harsh stuff. But Exist Trace just takes the god damn cake on their early recording. RE-RECORD NAO!!!!

I found the vocals to be especially horrible. Nothing much against the music I guess, but her singing was terrible. And, tbh, that's why I like their newer stuff. She finally figured out how to sing.

Neverland stands out as the best new song, while they're all good. Even though I miss some darker stuff too, I'm very happy with the new songs. The best they could so is a mix of darker songs and the kind of music they do now. But either way, it's still good music.

7.5/10

Sign in to follow this