Sign in to follow this  
chemicalpictures

Two Questions regarding Toho music & Kasumi Shinjo

Hello everyone!

Two questions quick and simple:

1- Can anyone give me a quick intro to what is Toho music? it's like metal music with anime covers/characters? what's the difference between a Toho artist and a regular one?

2 - What's Kasumi Shinjo relation to Unlucky Morpheus and Icaru's Cry? Apparently, he does not sing in neither, yet they have some kind of relation I can't figure out...

thanks!

"Touhou music" involves "re-arrange songs" (i.e. covers) of music from the Touhou Project video game series. All of the music is composed by ZUN. It's not official Touhou music. All of this is fan-work, so it is part of the Doujin music scene (non-official, self-published, sold at Japanese comic conventions, or doujin specific stores such as the evil MelonBooks).

I don't know much about the Touhou series, so I can't explain the scantily-clad animu girls that are on all the album jackets. My guess, it's probably just a general doujin music thing?

"Touhou music" involves "re-arrange songs" (i.e. covers) of music from the Touhou Project video game series. All of the music is composed by ZUN. It's not official Touhou music. All of this is fan-work, so it is part of the Doujin music scene (non-official, self-published, sold at Japanese comic conventions, or doujin specific stores such as the evil MelonBooks).

I don't know much about the Touhou series, so I can't explain the scantily-clad animu girls that are on all the album jackets. My guess, it's probably just a general doujin music thing?

Wow, so all those songs come those especific Touhou games? This ZUN dude must be prolific as shit...

And about Kasumi and his relation to the bands mentioned above, do you know anything about that? Unlucky Morpheus seems to be quite famous on that scene...

Wow, so all those songs come those especific Touhou games? This ZUN dude must be prolific as shit...

And about Kasumi and his relation to the bands mentioned above, do you know anything about that? Unlucky Morpheus seems to be quite famous on that scene...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Shanghai_Alice

He's made 14 games and each game has roughly 10-15 new pieces of music. So on the low end that's 140 to 150 distinct tunes that a doujin band could cover. Most don't cover the really early stuff though. I also don't know what the fascination is with scantily clad loli's on the cover. But since the scene is so DIY, they probably have one person to do all the artwork and that may be all he can draw.

All I know about Kasumi is that gekijou tenor and Unlucky Morpheus did a split CD together.

2 - What's Kasumi Shinjo relation to Unlucky Morpheus and Icarus'Cry? Apparently, he does not sing in neither, yet they have some kind of relation I can't figure out...

ICARUS'CRY is a duo Kasumi (under the name Denshirenji Tsuyoshi)  set up with Yukimura Hirano (now Shiren) in 2010; they've released three Touhou metal albums, latest in 2011. Kasumi (again as Tsuyoshi) joined Unlucky Morpheus the same year. So far, he's sung lead vocals on three albums: Byougin Kishou (猫吟鬼嘯), Parallelism α & Parallelism β.

ICARUS'CRY was recently rebooted as a four-piece: http://icarus-cry.com

Sign in to follow this