DeithX252

Speakers

Anyone here prefer to listening music with Speakers? I used to listen music from my PC/Laptop so I enjoy listening it with speakers!

Recently I bought this speakers:

img_prod2_riss.jpg

http://www.thonet-vander.com/riss.html

It's great, the sound is clear, especially the guitars and drums, very detail. The bass is not very heavy, but deep and audible. I am satisfied with my recent speaker right now :D

I like to experience many music genres, this speaker goes well with it.

I am curious if any member here have a decent speaker, so please discuss and post yours!

Anyone here prefer to listening music with Speakers?

Depends on the music. A lot of music sounds superior with headphones, while a lot sounds superior with speakers. Some sounds great with both headphones and speakers.

I don't know shit about speakers and all that, but I've got a pair of Dynavoice Magic F-6 EX for my vinyl player... which I have yet to try. :P

I need to get some decent speakers for my laptop as well. But I am a cheap bastard who hates to spend money.

I always prefer listening to music through speakers than headphones because I don't like wearing things over my head for long periods of time. The speakers I still use are the ones provided by gateway when I bought their pc 9 years ago. They're the finest 2.1 speakers I've used. If they were to break down, I would buy these as the replacement.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836116044

I got pair of Audio Pro Addon Six active speakers a while ago, and I got to say that I prefer to listen music with these rather than headphones. Also makes watching TV more enjoyable as TV's usually have kinda bad sound quality. Probably going to get new headphones soon so the comparison is a bit more fair since speakers were quite a bit more expensive than my shitty headphones ^^'

As much as I love the quality of headphones, I much prefer the experience that speakers give me. There's something about having the sound floating around me that is so much more enjoyable than having it trapped in my head.

That said, being happy with the sound of speakers is drastically more difficult. Right now my living room set up is sounding pretty good, but I really need to deal with reflections and balancing. In the center of the couch it is awesome, but more to the left of the right one spot and the sound is not as centered as I would like. I keep on playing around with this set up trying to get things dialed in. My bedroom set up is a little bit more simple, but my speakers are further apart than I would really like them to be and they could use some help in the form of a sub.

Living room speakers:

Yamaha NS A100XT (LR)

ns-a100xt.jpg

Infinity Primus PC250 ©

infinity-primus-pc250_1.jpg

Outlaw lfm-1 plus (sub)

lfm1_main.jpg

Surrounds are crappy LGs from a home theater in a box system.

This system is pretty eclectic, but it sounds pretty good. The Yamaha's aren't anything fantastic, you won't be blown away with their detail, but they have a surprisingly solid overall sound to them. The Infinity center matches well enough for movies and sounds pretty good as well. The Outlaw sub is really fantastic though (and more than powerful enough for my apartment...probably too powerful). I hope to upgrade this system eventually. I am swooning after the Monitor Audio Silver series, but that isn't a likely upgrade any time soon.

Bedroom Speakers:

Monitor Audio BR1's

Monitor%20Audio%20BR1.jpg

the lowest in the Monitor audio range, but I can't help but find them fantastic. They have a ton of clarity, especially for their lower price range. Monitor Audio tends to be on the brighter side, though, and I really wish I had a sub to pair with these (it would help a lot).