Sign in to follow this  
Jigsaw9

Church of Misery loses members / recording new album!

According to the band's official Facebook, all members except Tatsu Mikami (bassist) have left Church of Misery in the past months. However, Tatsu ensured everyone that the band will continue, as he is the sole writer of music/lyrics... and the band will hopefully have a new album out (plus tours) next year when new members are gathered.

Let's stay hopeful!

At the end of September, Hideki Fukasawa (Vo, Syn) left the band. And then, Junji "JJ" Narita (Dr) and Ikuma Kawabe (G) left the band also.

Hi! Thanks for your kind words. Don't worry guys, Church of Misery NEVER gonna stop. I NEVER give up this band. As you know well, I wrote all songs & lyrics of Church of Misery. I already have new many materials for next album. Hopefully, we will enter the studio when we got new guys. Next year, you can hear our new album and play in your country ( Europe, America etc ) again! I swear!

TATSU MIKAMI

However, Tatsu ensured everyone that the band will continue, as he is the sole writer of music/lyrics... and the band will hopefully have a new album out (plus tours) next year when new members are gathered.

And that's the thing. Church of Misery have had something like 7-8 guitarists, 4-5 vocalists and a few drummers. So Church of Misery losing a few members don't say much. It might take time to get the new members aboard, but that shouldn't be too hard for a band with Church of Misery's status. And throughout Church of Misery's history, there's never been a unique guitarist or drummer. They've all been replaceable. Tatsu's bassing however, it 70% of this band's sound. So as long as he stays, as we know he will, it won't be a problem.

And that's the thing. Church of Misery have had something like 7-8 guitarists, 4-5 vocalists and a few drummers. So Church of Misery losing a few members don't say much. It might take time to get the new members aboard, but that shouldn't be too hard for a band with Church of Misery's status. And throughout Church of Misery's history, there's never been a unique guitarist or drummer. They've all been replaceable. Tatsu's bassing however, it 70% of this band's sound. So as long as he stays, as we know he will, it won't be a problem.

Thanks for this. This definitely puts things into perspective!

Yeah, but others might have a different view on it. But me, I'd never been abe to tell that Master of Brutality, The Second Coming, Houses of the Unholy and Thy Kingdom Scum all have different guitar players. It just doesn't sound that way.

"Happy New Year! 2015 is 20th anniversary year of Church of Misery. I will make new album with Dave Depraved from US DOOM LEGEND " BLOODFARMERS" and other support musicians in US.
I will go to US in this Spring for this recording and 5th album "And then there were none..." will put out on RISE ABOVE RECORDS in 2015."

you guysss~ :3

Time has come. I will stay in Maryland 2 weeks in May for new album recording. US DOOM legends - Dave from BLOODFARMERS and Eric from EARTHRIDE are going to join this recording. We will record 7 new materials at "Polar Bear Lair Studio" by Chris Kozlowski - he has been working for tons of great US DOOM album like IRON MAN, INTERNAL VOID, EARTHRIDE, SPIRIT CARAVAN,PENANCE, PENTAGRAM, WRETCHED etc. Also soon I will announce about singer for this recording . Let there be DOOM!

(source: official Facebook)

Sign in to follow this