Sign in to follow this  
Peace Heavy mk II

Western Bands that Could Pass for VK

I think about this all the time because I have no one to talk to because I think it's funny. Pictures would be nice, since this is about image.

-Glam rock doesn't count

-The 80's don't count

-Marilyn Manson doesn't count

-Lady Gaga does not count, and don't even pull that Ke$$$$$$ha shit with me.

-Those random European / South American bands who wear eyeliner and bandannas and say they're D'espairs / X / D'Errr..X Ja:Kill inspired don't count either.

-Try not to use Tokio Hotel unless you have to D:

-No David Bowie movies. Sorry Senedjem ):

Black+Veil+Brides+BVB.jpg

Black Veil Brides: Semi-recent post hardcore that kind of sounds like a mix of Avenged Sevenfold with My Chemical Romance. I thought their album was alright.

...Okay fine, they're my guilty pleasure and I bought their album at Hot Topic because their vocalist has a nice voice and they wore makeup and I couldn't help it stop judging me

Could pass for: Pretty much anything formed from 2006~onwards that plays some sort of gothic-but-really-not-gothic rock / metal.

Negative.jpg

Negative: A Finnish "love metal (?)" band, according to last.fm . I tried them out because they are apparently similar to HIM, except not really.

Could pass for: some sort of oshare-kei nonsense. He's wearing the An Cafe glasses.

Cinema+Bizarre.jpg

Cinema Bizarre: I guess this is what most of the Euro-wanna-be-vk strive to be. Cinema Bizarre formed after two of the members met each other at an anime convention so I'm pretty sure they chose to be fabulous with visual-kei in mind. Sappy pop rock songs, a pretty vocalist, and embarrassing to look at pictures: yet another guilty pleasure :devilwha:

Could pass for: another wish-I-was-as-cool-as-reita band.

Celldweller.jpg

Celldweller: Celldweller is a one man project, and that guy there is the genius behind the music. I pretty sure that all of the guitar, bass, synth, and vocals are done by him. Fantastic industrial metal, so if you like that genre of music I'd recommend trying him out.

Could pass for: Maybe some of visual-kei darkwave bands? Probably not since he's muscular instead of a drag-queen...although Kiwamu would probably make him wear a dress anyway.

Nicki+Minaj+Pink+Friday.png

Nicki Minaj: ... Yaaaay photoshop!

2ZCUtnuAXg8

Bet you can't watch the whole thing! My favorite part is when she bites the invisible mango. Also, how the hell do they dance like that towards the end?

Could pass for: being everything most VK bands don't have the budget for. Helicopters? More like...dancing in an abandoned building with green screen flowers blossoming! She dances and "acts" just as well as every other Jrock musicians in pvs though c:

I remember the first time I had a passing glance at Deathstars, I thought they were an angura kei band. I guess that's what 10 years of japanese music do to your brain. :lol:

deathstars_top_logo.jpg

Just curious though: why did you exclude all the things that you did? XD

MCR for rilla!

Esp during their three cheers years.

They could do soething like Nightmare or something,

what kind of vk is that? Sendai kei?

Deadmau5 and Daft Punk

to be something like SiSen, only cooler.

The Rasmus,

AFI cos they're so obvious.

AFI_wideweb__470x379,0.jpg

Bif Naked, cos she's hot and piercing and tats queen.

And maybe Ill Nino too?

ill-nino.jpg

Static X

and murderdolls should be one, too.

MurderdollsPIC1.jpg

^ OMG indie vk lol, WANT RAREZ!

Static X can awesomely replace The GazettE or something.

Does this list appropriate?

So all you have to do to pass for VK is to put on some retarded make up or silly clothes?

negative was in v rock festival and the singer was joking saying that he thought jrockers were hot girls.

usually i'm disgusted by westerns that try to look visual.except 1 or 2 like deathstars style

HAB79iEw5SI

I remember the first time I had a passing glance at Deathstars, I thought they were an angura kei band. I guess that's what 10 years of japanese music do to your brain. :lol:

deathstars_top_logo.jpg

Just curious though: why did you exclude all the things that you did? XD

To make it less predictable / potential bitch fights about who started what. That and I'm tired of the Labyrinth D:

@ Mono2: Well yeah, how else would you do it? Pretend there's a concept to your art while funneling in all of your money to some sort of mafia-styled business structure? :Umno:

@ Mono2: Well yeah, how else would you do it? Pretend there's a concept to your art while funneling in all of your money to some sort of mafia-styled business structure? :Umno:

Heh. 8=>

Oh, and I forgot about Lovex. Totally.

As a matter of fact, they are one of those few bands where I wouldn't be completely surprised if it was consciously inspired by vk.

Lovex+_mg_8574.jpgImage

also,

The 69 Eyes, from Finland, i believe?

also this one gonna makes you shit brick:

miley-cyrus-goth-red-hair.jpg

i kid, i kid, this one just pure trollz4lulz :mrgreen:

mmm, i guess slipknot count right?

slipknots.th.jpg

____

and this bands that i don't listen, but look VK to me.

Private Line

privateline.th.jpgprivateline.th.jpg

Get Scared

getscared.th.jpggetscaredjohnny.th.jpggetscarednicholas.th.jpggetscaredwarren.th.jpg

Frankenstein Drag Queens

frankensteindragqueensf.th.jpgfrankensteindragqueensf.th.jpg

Wednesday 13

wednesday13.th.jpgwednesday13.th.jpgwednesday13.th.jpg

the one on far left with loli looks, is that a he or a she?

looks oddly attractive.... looks like Bou but something wrong idk what it is.

It's a he. I'm 100% sure it's a he. Looks like that at least. If it's a girl she's really, really manly and ugly. So I would say it's a he.

Oh, their songs aren't that bad. They're from sweden, right? That 15-year-old falls a little out of place though. His dress is too flashy considering the other's more 'normal' looks.

Sign in to follow this