CAT5

The "Please Explain the Hype" Thread

A band that never really grew on me was (sorry to say this but) the GazettE. I've listened to a few songs such as, "THE SUICIDE CIRCUS", "Reila", "Filth in the beauty" and "LEECH". I couldn't wrap my mind around the tempo. 

What about the tempo?

I'm unsure but maybe I need more fast paced drumming and a "harder" sound to it. Some screams here and there?

Ruki does a good job but I feel as if something is missing.... *for me at least* or maybe they'll grow on me.  A bit more speed too

I've listened to Mejibray [sadisgate, Raven, Sabato and Avalon]. Sad to say I liked them but their vocalist with certain pitches was just a bit too much for me. The instruments however, were good. You are right though, the GazettE is more of.... their own style. 

Maybe I'm aiming more towards J-Metal but I thank you for the conversation. 

Can the fandom around NB, Diaura or Unite really be counted as "hype"?

I would say I see a lot of hype around Nocturnal Bloodlust, but that does seem to be dying down a bit as of late. For a while I noticed a lot of fans throw out that they're ~uber deathcore omg~ and that totally makes them so much cooler than every other vk band out there. (this has been a dramatic reenactment, no one was actually hurt...*cough*) Anyway, it's a lot of elitism and serious business and I always got the vibe that was a lot of code talk for the fact that the singer seems to be allergic to shirts. (Which I can totally appreciate. Don't get me wrong.) I won't go into the list of reasons why I don't personally appreciate them but I do think they're overrated and over-hyped. 

Totally agree about Diaura and Unite., I think they're just bands releasing stuff right now and they have growing loyal fanbases. I don't see anyone going around parading them like they're the best thing since sliced bread.

I just don't understand the hype about A9, Royz, An Cafe... like, A9 was good at first, but i only liked one song and thats it, but it does not matter how much i tried to get into their music, it's just always became some background noise to me with cheesy flashy costumes and overall fake happiness.... idk... they are might be just too bright and colorful to me!

There's hype about Alice Nine and An Cafe? I haven't heard hype about them for years, tbh. I don't even know many people who still listen to them anymore. The last time I can remember a big fuss about An Cafe was when the new members joined.

Royz on the other hand does seem like their music doesn't warrant their level of popularity. It's not bad but I don't hear anything special about it. And their videos really cater to fanservice so I assume that's what is driving the hype train for them.

I would say I see a lot of hype around Nocturnal Bloodlust, but that does seem to be dying down a bit as of late. For a while I noticed a lot of fans throw out that they're ~uber deathcore omg~ and that totally makes them so much cooler than every other vk band out there. (this has been a dramatic reenactment, no one was actually hurt...*cough*) Anyway, it's a lot of elitism and serious business and I always got the vibe that was a lot of code talk for the fact that the singer seems to be allergic to shirts. (Which I can totally appreciate. Don't get me wrong.) I won't go into the list of reasons why I don't personally appreciate them but I do think they're overrated and over-hyped. 

Totally agree about Diaura and Unite., I think they're just bands releasing stuff right now and they have growing loyal fanbases. I don't see anyone going around parading them like they're the best thing since sliced bread.

Diaura isn't really the case so much here, but if you go on Tumblr there's tons of people drooling over them + even made blogs pretending to be members of the band to live out weird role plays.

Diaura isn't really the case so much here, but if you go on Tumblr there's tons of people drooling over them + even made blogs pretending to be members of the band to live out weird role plays.

just @ me next time boo

But I see that for basically every semi-popular vk band on tumblr though. And the rp blogs don't even stop at vk, there's hardcore into most jrock/jpop/kpop too.

Though I grant you Diaura do seem to have a more visible following on tumblr than some other places.