Sign in to follow this  
237Q

[SOLVED] Good audio converters?

I'm looking for a good freeware audio converter (one that supports M4A and WMA conversions to MP3. Needs to be compatible with Windows 7).

I'm not concerned about transcoding stuff, I primarily need it because I'm using my phone to listen to music and it doesn't support almost anything other than MP3 :(

I know dBpoweramp is good, but it keeps on bugging me about buying the licence, AND it doesn't recognize WMA. 

Any suggestions?

^ ROFL!

Yup, foobar2000 would be my first recommendation although you have to config it manually to convert audio files; otherwise, iTunes (again).

iTunes is good though because it can't play any WMA files, so it will automatically convert them to other format depending on what you set. (lmao).

It can also convert M4A to MP3 as well.

And happy birthday to you, 237Q!

omg I uninstalled iTunes last week!!!!! ToT wow such smart

I will try operating with foobar and install iTunes again if it's too complicated for me haha

thank you :D

and thank you ^o^

will say foobar too !

you will need to get the plug for the codec you want, but best converter I used.

and taging files with it works, not like few stuff -_-

When i download some files here, I have to retag ALL !

what a waste of time -_-

also zess or nostalgia, u made flac 0 or flac 10 w/ foobar?

Welcome!

If you prefer using foobar2000, you'll need to create a folder named "encoders" in foobar2000 directory (it's the default folder name for containing encoders, so that foobar2000 can find them automatically.), and put "lame.exe" taken from here in there, so that the converter will work with converting files to MP3.

@xriko, level 0-8 to be correct, though. XD

Yup, I mostly use foobar2000 to convert audio files. But If you mean ripping music straight from CDs, I prefer EAC over foobar2000.

And FLAC level 8 is my preference (The smallest file size possible).