Sign in to follow this  
sebbivism

Anyone from Kazakhstan? (Topic is about KESH YOU)

Hey,

I just now randomly on YouTube found a really great popgroup from Kazakhstan called KESH YOU (КешYou) and when I wanted to google them I just couldn't find any information about them. No official hompage, no wikipedia...NOTHING! As I am a "perfectionist" wanting to know basic stuff about a band/artist I discover, I'm going crazy here. So I'm wondering, do we have users on this forum from Kazakhstan who could help me find info about this group??

Seriously, this band is better and hotter than any K-pop out there.

Since western people don't hear from these kind of countries (in fact, we know NOTHING about them) I'm quite shocked and surprised that countries like Kazakhstan has got these kind of pop music and good looking female singers. I seriously thought they only watched and listened to Russian (or ex Soviet area) music and TV-shows. It amazed me too see Kazakh video (and audio) production is as high quality as western (and asian) music. I seriously couldn't expect HD-recorded music videos.

Wow, this is really good, and they're really handsome! (If this song were in English, I would seriously think they were South Korean...)

2ND VIDEO makes me think directly of Eurovision Song Contest-material! If Kazakstan would participate in Eurovision Song Contest, I would seriously see potential of a Kazakh victory.

Latest song from 2014

Those girls are so pretty I died a bit inside. The songs sound kinda fun too, I could've never imagined that this kind of music even existed...

I am happy to see other people interested in central asian music. During the last year(s) my interest in the central asian (especially mongolian, kazakh and kyrgyz) music scenes grew. So I know a couple of mainly mongolian and kazakh artists and I really really like them.
Of course I heard about KESH YOU, maybe you can find information on some russian social networks like VKontakte (ВКонтакте).

This is what I found about them:
http://vk.com/1keshyou
http://vk.com/2keshyou

Maybe you can try translating that via Google Translator.

I can also recommend from Kazakhstan Rin'Go and Luina, they do great pop music.

From Mongolia I like Altan Uraag (Folk-rock band), Tselmuun, Bold, Visual Moon and Kiwi and from Kyrgyzstan I really like Чоро (Choro), Daniel and The Dreamers.

Maybe you will like some of these artists too. :3

Oh I have to add, since you mentioned Eurovision, that Kazakhstan potentially COULD participate (and I hope they will very soon).

Since 2013 there's another contest called Turkvision Song Contest/Türkvizyon Sarki Yarismasi, in which Kazakhstan also takes part. (You can find the videos on youtube)

Central Asia of course wants to compete in the international market, also culturally. So Mongolia and Kazakhstan have become bigger markets for popmusic, many k-pop artistst performed in these countries already and next year Kazakhstan will be host of the international expo (for which they will change their alphabet from cyrillic to latin xD).

diva-rin, Thank you for the links! Now I know the members names, that's something!

Yeah, As I am a Eurovision-nerd, the dream is too have all these countries that has right to apply EBU, to attend the Eurovision (I'm thinking of Kazahkstan, Marocco, Libanon, Tunisia etc etc) When Armenia and Azerbaijan attended for the first time, I though it was really cool because that is countries you really never heard of before, and as I am interesting in geography, and foreign music, languages and culture (daah) I thought it was a big deal when Eurovision went to Baku! So cool!!

So... I found KESH YOU on their official YouTube-channel, but something that bugs me is that they uploaded four music videos on the same date in December 2013.. How old are these songs really? I mean what is the original release date? I can't read kazakh cyrillic, I barely can transcript regular Russian cyrillic (some characters are hard to remember how to transcript/understand)

Actually, I'm interested in Kazakhstan, because that's a country that you don't know much about, and that makes me excited and really would travel there sometime. I heard Astana and Almaty is like Dubai, they're building skyscrapers like crazy, is it true? Never thought this kind of music and culture was avaliable in Kazakhstan.. I thought they were poor there (sorry). I know K-pop bands has had performances there, and that Ukrainian pop group VIA Gra is popular there

Regarding the alphabet! I actually heard several years ago they wanted to switch from Cyrillic to Latin, but it was a debate about it dividing the country because of strong opinions for and against it... I think it's a good choice to switch to Latin (I actually think Macedonia/Serbia/Bulgaria should do the same) although I actually think cyrillic characters are really cool! I mean, Azerbaijan has latin alphabeth, why wouldn't it work in Kazakhstan?

Sign in to follow this