sai

Assassin's Creed Unity

Only 6 months after the release of AC4, Ubisoft has posted a CGI snippet of the upcoming Assassins Creed game called Assassin's Creed Unity on their YouTube channel (the game has been in development for about 3 years). The game is set for release in "holiday 2014" (so I assume that's December?) and will be released on PS4, XBOX One and PC (so no PS3 or XBOX360). It seems like the game will take place in Paris during the French Revolution (which sounds a lot more interesting to me than their last pirate game). Here's the snippet:

Nothing else is known about the game, but I hope we're getting an actual Assassin again, bc that's what I didn't like about the last one. I'm not immediately buying a next-gen console for this (still waiting for release dates for KH3 and FFXV, but Nomura said they'd probably be announced at E3 this year).

So what do you think? Are you happy we're getting a next-gen only release, or are you not so happy about the fact that Ubisoft is releasing a new AC game every year?

So what do you think? Are you happy we're getting a next-gen only release, or are you not so happy about the fact that Ubisoft is releasing a new AC game every year?

Yes. this needs to happen. Developers trying to juggle between two different generations is really holding back games with what they can accomplish mechanic wise and it shows. and I'm a little perturbed with them releasing a new AC game every year but I realize that's just what the industry has evolved into and I have to live with it, and besides it's not like they only spend a year on each game so it works out that Ubisoft has such a wide range of studios to work on different AC titles while others are working on the current AC.

As for AC IV I respect what it accomplished with the naval combat and the new scope of how open worlds in AC games should be, but I would be lying if i said I wasn't a little disappointed with he lack of Assassins vs. Templar plot. but overall i did enjoy it as a pirate game with the AC combat mechanics but I don't think it deserved a numbered title within the series, it was more overall like a side story... I did however like Kenway as a character a whole lot more than I did Connor XD

when it comes to unity I think there is no doubt that it will be a proper AC.

btw i don't know if you heard Sai, but there's also another AC game in the works codenamed "comet" which is supposed to be for 360 and PS3 only so there's still that for people who haven't mad the jump to next gen yet... although there's no information what "comet" actually is, only thing we know is that it's supposedly gonna come out around the same time as unity this holiday.

_ first bad news, that's will be a next "without consitence" Assassin's Creed Games.

_ second bad news, only One et Ps4 exlusivity

_ Paris... Revolution... that's really uninteresting for me, stop video games stories who happening in an hypotetic past... I want a history in modern time

Assassin's Creed is like "Call of duty" licence... why not let passed two years between previous & next chapters, that's better for work and release a consisting game... but they don't want make an another great game... juste using the licence until the dead, and found an another pump money....

I personally think that the France setting will be perfect and really bring back the AC feel, you know the colonies and the Caribbean were both real interesting places, but they never achieved the feeling that the settings in AC2, brotherhood, and revelations were able to achieve. Bringing the game back to Europe I think is the right choice. Also the French Revolution Sounds like a really interesting time period so it should be quite exciting.