sai

Conditional disbandments

I think the problem is the fans who don't "force" bands to make better and more interesting music. Although in some cases, fans not supporting some bands could be a sign of it, so in that case it is the bands that have to understand the sign...

I think the problem is the fans who don't "force" bands to make better and more interesting music. Although in some cases, fans not supporting some bands could be a sign of it, so in that case it is the bands that have to understand the sign...

I don't get where you're coming from. I can argue that the whole "conditional disbandment" approach is a sign of fans in the scene adopting more and more selective taste (not that I think it's the cause). A few years ago, I could see a band like TRUST becoming moderately successful before disbanding; these days they were in and out before anyone noticed and a year from now no one will even remember who they are. I believe that is so because TRUST went in with all the wrong intentions and got burned when they discovered there's more to visual kei than looking the part.

If a band isn't compositionally up to par, there's nothing you and I can do to make them compose better. We can vote with our wallets and our feet and pay for artists we really like, and that could indirectly create the same end result, but we have no direct effect. Songwriting is both a skill and a talent and many people just can't do it.