CAT5

Favorite Japanese Female Vocalists!

...someone dragged me over Female fronted bands, so. I personally ain't that fond of Female vocalist's voice, but some that I recall being fairly good are:

Satoko of me-al art;

Shiho of -ΣOZ;

Haruka of Antikaruna;

Rena of four degrees celsius;

Seika of 大鴉;

Miyoko of 凛??????時雨; and Achiko of KAREN, though I never listened to her other band.

SHIINA RINGO!!!!!!!!!!

She's even mixed enka into that bleeding heart, jazz/noise thing. So she officially owns everyone's soul.

I don't know who's the singer of ALDIOUS.

she has good vocals than the singer of Exist+trace^^ I prefer to listen ALDIOUS and I was amazingly shocked for LUFT by ALDIOUS! The song is so epic!!! :D

Hikaru Utada, love her voice.

Chihiro Onitsuka

JUJU

BENI

Shiho Ochi from Superfly

ayaka

Other than Nakano Yoshie, here are a few of my other fav. Japanese female vocalists:

?

中島優美 | Nakashima Yumi
(GO!GO!7188 / ??リヌルヲワカ)

I've heard a shitload of high-pitched Japanese female vocalists over the years, but there are only 2 high-pitched voices that I'd recognize anywhere. The first being Shiina Ringo and this woman being the other. Not only is her voice one-of-a-kind, but I think she's also a genius when it comes to creating unique and catchy vocal melodies - not to mention the fact that she's a badass guitarist. :]

中山??り | Nakayama Uri

I'm a huge Nakayama Uri fanboy. She makes irresistibly charming jazz-pop and has a deep, warming voice that I never tire of hearing. Seriously, even her songs that don't particularly grab me are pleasant to listen to. Plus she makes accordions look cool. ;]

大??加奈 | Otsubo Kana
(Spangle call Lilli line / NINI TOUNUMA)

Truly one of a kind. She has R&B-esque vocal sensibilities, and somehow makes it work with the indie-pop/post-rock/electronic/experimental/abstract music she creates. And makes it work beautifully!

chihiRo
(JiLL-Decoy association)

She has such a classy, yet soulful voice. Kinda sounds like Mari Mizuno of paris match, but stronger and more animated. Jill-decoy is also one of my favorite Jazz-pop bands in Japan. ;]

AZ catalpa
(associate social piano | BOWLING NO.9)

Spine-chillingly gorgeous vocals! This woman's voice seriously melts my heart. Unfortunately, she'll probably waddle in obscurity forever. She was the vocalist for an obscure jazz band called Associate Social Piano and another obscure reggae band called BOWLING NO.9, but neither band (despite being awesome) was able to make any significant waves. I believe she's currently creating music under a solo project.

扇谷一穂 | Oogiya Kazuho

Probably one of the deepest and richest Japanese female voices I've ever heard belongs to the obscure singer-songwriter/musician/artist, Kazuho Oogiya. Lovely ;]

Rurutia has been my favorite for quite some time now. Nahoko Kakiage and Shiina Ringo are also excellent vocalists.

Don't you fucking judge me but I love this. This cast for the musical is my favourite :domo:

Lol, I actually like this too, though I prefer the original version of the song. :gaga:

some of the really good stuff has been mentioned already (I'm totally with redrum and Nichika)…

so - just a few additions from my side;

Quinka, with a yawn (Michiko Aoki)

noanowa (Yukko)

AJICO (UA)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEho00xer7g

I don't know if it counts because she's not "main" vocalist in that project and I must admit I never got into her solo stuff in detail (tough I remind it can be pretty good) but I think with AJICO there are moments where she really shines and fits just perfectly - I'd go as far as calling that project one of the finest lineups I know of (hey - even TOKIE was there!). Too bad it did not last longer.

fra-foa (Mikami Chisako)

One of my absolute favs - love her for the intensity and feelings she can put in her songs at some points (at lives even apathy).

That of course doesn't always sound like, you know - "beautiful" - but it is part of her expression and makes it more authentic if you ask me.

That was some of the stuff I really like… there's much more out there… I'll post it maybe later on...

Hmmm... good topic. I'd have to go with:

Amano Tsukiko - She was/is amazing. Unique lyrics, powerful voice... I definitely recommend everyone listen to Ningyou and Same.

Kuroneko (Onmyouza) - Awesome vocals for a metal band! She can be both lyrical and fierce, and she's a great performer.

...here's some more! =)

Soutaisei Riron (Etsuko)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5zJmeqFd0Q

miimi (Yuko Hanai)

Charan-Po-Rantan (Momo)

TAMURAPAN (Ayumi Tamura)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KLw5Dsnq_M

It's really bad that she seems to go the route of a more mainstream sound lately.

But her debut album is a record I really like - very interesting music style imo!

My fav female vocalist :

mikamichisako.jpg

Chisako Mikami of Fra-foa

?

?

Shiina Ringo...No need to introduce...fantastic female!

miki_furukawa.jpg

Miki Furukawa of Supercar.

tt_fureru.jpg

Makiko Kana of Tornado Tatsumaki

?

Maiko of Dazzle Vision

freenote-b.jpg

Hata Chikako of Freenote

1912700681_3-1.jpg

Yuu Nakashima of go!go!7188

Yukiko Suzuki of Bugy Craxone