Velovelo

Rubedo (my ex band) -

Hey, there, guys!

I keep on lamenting about how western VK-inspired artists tend to be awful as heck. But then I had to reconsider, because in some ways, my old band was also taking some pieces from that, here and there. Not entirely, and definitely not in Japanese, but we kind of tried to combine J-Rock stuff we've listened to with distinctly western genres.

In the end, it didn't really sound like anything with a J-Rock influence at all, but, you know, we listened to that. So I guess, something deep in there might sound like it. Maybe.

I was playing the bass, by the way.

In case you want to know what we sounded like, I'll show you some stuff we already released, I've linked it below. But please, don't distribute it without asking me. In case you want. Which you probably won't.

1st EP: "Eraser." (Released in May 2010)

1. Mother Brain (Intro)

2. WHITE OUT

3. SunSad

4. Mary's Waltz (2011 version, couldn't find the original one, sorry)

5. Black Out (Outro)

I hope you enjoy it. And in case somebody wants more, just ask. I kind of got more in the back of my hand.

Cheers!

there's cool stuff there!

you got a very talented vocalist i think, also some really nice musical ideas, getting a slight grunge-vibe there which is a good thing :D

main issue that i would point out is that you should reeeeaally look for a real drummer, or look a bit more into drumprogramming and -mixing (well, past tense now i guess), because these midi-drumloops pull you right out of the otherwise cool created atmospheres.

Thanks for the feedback!

Yesh, drummers have been our main issue (and also the reason for the split-up). We had about 3 different ones in the past, and none of those were even close to reliable when it came to rehearsals or appointments.

Since we were active until Nov 2012, the drum lines have gotten a little better, but nothing can really replace a real drummer. If you want, I can upload some more recent stuff we did before breaking up.