Pretsy

Best/Must-watch live DVDs?

Anything by Psycho le Cemu, because they were hilarious.

And I really, really like Buck-Tick's "13th floor with Diana" - among the mass of really good BT live DVDs, this is definetely my favourite.

My favorite dvd live is the first dvd live By dir en grey, live at osaka Jo hall in 1999, It's an beauifull live, and the I'll piano version is so Huge ^^.

I like too the Screaming Birthday dvd by UnsraW.

I'm a big fan of Dir En Grey's The Rose Trims Again, which is their best live in my opinion. Big shout out to Blitz 5 Days for being effing awesome too :D

Agreeing with 13th Floor with Diana. Also, I would definitely also go with BT's Climax Together 1992 gig, it's an absolute classic.

MALICE MIZER's merveilles l'espace DVD is one of the most awesome shows ever, combining eclectic music with theatrics (and doesn't take itself always seriously, which is a plus):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWzZMhepdVc

...while Merry's BURST EPDVD is the complete antithesis, very immediate, intimate and with a totally raw punky energy:

Also gotta mention BOØWY's last live DVD cuz it's all sorts of epic and sad and stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRDy9OXoWBc

MALICE MIZER's merveilles l'espace DVD is one of the most awesome shows ever, combining eclectic music with theatrics (and doesn't take itself always seriously, which is a plus):

Ooooooh yeah, that is an amazing DVD too.

Guest mitsubana

My favorite live DVD is auncia's "INTRO TO HEART LINK" (their first major oneman before they went on hiatus then came back and changed their name to ANSIA). I love the atmosphere, energy, and getting to watch auncia perform live since I don't live in Japan. They're my favorite band, so getting the opportunity to own it is amazing to me.

Agreeing with 13th Floor with Diana. Also, I would definitely also go with BT's Climax Together 1992 gig, it's an absolute classic.

i agree i like too 13th.... and BT's Climax Together is classic

i didn't wanted to write here because i think people already know what i have to tell.

i think people who are being visual kei fans for a long time should  have definitely watch a deg live. choose an era.

a little older ones . or even older like Blitz 5 Days or osaka Jo hall are classic. like who haven't seen them.

and i have to admit when i was new to vk i was so amazed and stuck to deg because of the lives.

i never really saw their pvs then

also personally i really like merry live. gara being crazy and all

also dude that video with malice mizer above watching it feels  nostalgic

I also really like the DeG DVDs, they are really powerful and unique~

Also i really love the older Gazette live dvds~ they were so powerful and cool ...

not to forge lynchs first bootlleg DVD with songs like melt.... crazy shit~

ah and UnstaW's last live DVD

dont know if this ever got uploaded but i really love that piece of art

~~~

Also i would like to say that most newer live dvds or just partial live dvds are pretty lame...

for example mejibray... they really start of very well but the vo. can never hit the notes and stuff~

just my opinion~

yeah i wanted to say something similar too. there is no new band/newer live dvds that can compare to feelings i had with the older ones in live dvd. can you give me an example from new?

but then i thought "oh god i am gonna start the same subject and drama again".and didn't write it. but you had to mention it and i can't help it.

man i don't know maybe i  just got older and i just don't get it. while i am still  fan and love  some new bands but they don't have  the same impact for some reason on me.

ooooh lynch too . i don't remember which exactly now. i have to look up and i am bored

.but i used to love watching some of their lives

i remember gara gets more crazy though.feels like he was well-known for that

^ Tbqh I preferred DIM SCENE to The Decade, but hey opinions differ. But yeah I would also recommend GazettE's DIM SCENE. Really atmospheric.

I

~~~

Also i would like to say that most newer live dvds or just partial live dvds are pretty lame...

for example mejibray... they really start of very well but the vo. can never hit the notes and stuff~

just my opinion~

sorry  i am so out of subject and this is not a must watch  .but i am trying to think of moments from new bands. to be possitive.

since you mentioned mejibray

i don't think the tone matters always lol. to confess something irrelevant. this is not a must watch.

but damn i have this memory where i used to like so much this video VanessA - feel U (TOKYO VISUAL COLLECTION)

thAt he is obviously out of tone in chorus. and now he is sooo much better and he got so improved from vanessa .i am actually amazed how? but i still like that old what the fuck video. i have it as nostalgic memory more than any new one lol

also i remember the live where leda(deluhi) was crying

i also liked ryoga headbanging .was a lot fun to watch .but then he turned all ridiculous  to me. and i stopped watching him

but ok i wouldn't recommend these as must watch

DIM Scene is really a good one!

People can talk what they want about Gazette but they can throw good lives!

I also think it very depends on how a live dvd got filmed and the location matters too~

and yes Gara is really crazy live! Love the scenes with the school tables xD

Plastic Tree have cool lives with athmospheric locations too

and the old mucc lives are really really cool too!

ah and not to forget one of the creepier Kagerou lives!

sorry  i am so out of subject and this is not a must watch  .but i am trying to think of moments from new bands. to be possitive.

since you mentioned mejibray

i don't think the tone matters always lol. to confess something irrelevant. this is not a must watch.

but damn i have this memory where i used to like so much this video VanessA - feel U (TOKYO VISUAL COLLECTION)

thAt he is obviously out of tone in chorus. and now he is sooo much better and he got so improved from vanessa .i am actually amazed how? but i still like that old what the fuck video. i have it as nostalgic memory more than any new one lol

also i remember the live where leda(deluhi) was crying

i also liked ryoga headbanging .was a lot fun to watch .but then he turned all ridiculous  to me. and i stopped watching him

but ok i wouldn't recommend these as must watch

yeah thats right~

tone not always matters^^

btw love the Deluhi fool mates or what ever live... really powerful

i love that daisuke was jumping in the crowd. i think he was awesome live. i love watching  him in lives

edit: also i agree people should probably watch mucc too. some stuff i have seen are really cool . but i need to watch more myself .

Luna Sea's 2007 Reunion concert God Bless You ~One Night Déjávu~

Luna Sea's 2010 LUNACY Kurofuku Gentei GIG ~the Holy Night~

abingdon boys school JAPAN TOUR 2008

D'espairsRay - Liquidize: Live Tour '06

Both of UnsraW's DVD's, they really kicked the performance up.

グリーヴァ's live DVD is pretty neat too.

I really want D.I.D to release a DVD, Akane was awesome back in julius, and he still knows how to be amazing on a stage.

That's about it, most bands seem so boring live, no offence. I just want.. action, not just them standing there, they can do better than that.

Like Girugämesh, this is fucking amazing to me.

Then here

What the hell happened, no where near the same energy, at least that's how it is to me.

I assume it's the other way around for some, that's fine, I respect that.

This is just how I like it.

There are tons of live-dvds/videos that I love and quite a few have already been mentioned but one more comes to mind:

12012's Encore XII Party. The atmosphere is really strong and their setlist was great at that time.

Oh wait, I totally forgot one of my absolute favorites: UNDER CODE's Nihon Seiatsu 2005.11.30 Tokyo Liquidroom Ebisu DVD! Packed with a variety of bands who were truly in their prime at that time (like Dali, Codomo-A, 12012, Vidoll, Phantasmagoria), and even those acts whom I don't particularly like otherwise (Karen or Pashya) manage to give an entertaining show too. Great atmosphere, indies-vk essence! :)

Example: