Muma

The sneaky, sneaky song

I was tempted to put some of these songs in the -THE- song thread, but I felt i'd be throwing it off coures a little. Then again, some of these could go in the music and memories thread,  but I felt it was too general, thus...this atrocious pile of text was born...

This is more a stroll down memory lane for me, these songs don't necessarily have to represent the band as a whole, for me it's more a case of the songs which have managed to creep into your library. Creep in from where exactly? I don't even know myself sometimes, but now you actually think about it, they always bring a smile to your face. They're not necessarilly what the band is known for, but you occasionally think 'why does no one ever talk about this song!' Then you maybe think over it, maybe listen to the full album and start to doubt yourself, 'oh yeah, this one is more memorable' or 'I see why people like this one more' BUT IT'S STILL SO GODDAMN ANNOYING BECAUSE YOU WANT TO SCREAM THAT SONG AT THE TOP OF YOUR LUNGS TO EVERYONE EVEN THE ONES THAT WON'T LISTEN

(optional story to go along with them, don't mind my rambling ><)

For me, my first introduction into the world of VK (or just music in general, but that's a different story) was Nightmare through...Death Note xD typical weeaboo answer I know, but can't change the facts. Before I digress, one of the songs I rarely see mentioned is Rakuu, it's one of those songs which I don't ever think i'll be able to delete from my life without deleting a part of my soul along with it. I never used to listen to musicfor the first 15/16 years of my life (basically my entire life okay), I used to do a lot of gymnastics and that basically was my life, but chronic fatigue happened and I had to quit. Then I found anime and hence 'music' and decided fuck the world and I let music touch me emotionally for the first time

But yeah, that song just takes me back to just discovering what the world of music had to offer, it was basically the starting point for me finding an interest where I could make new friends and be a part of a community, rather than humiliated by my coach in a very much individual sport. And it also showed me just what I had been missing out on due to insecurities. I'm only 18 now, which probably seems like a baby to most of you guys ><

Next up? Has to be about the Gazette, they normally manage to pop up somewhere. I got into the Gazette how many people did I think, mostly through their popularity in the VK scene, browsing through youtube videos and scrolling the comments and seeing this name popping up everywhere. Eventually I checked them out and I was kind of sucked into the whole fangirl wave (which i'm not sure when I left tbh). But that aside, i've not had much time to form many memories with music but Chizuru is one song that I can't see disappearing any time soon, being one of the few Gazette songs I still listen to... I still don't really know the translation or what Ruki is singing about, but I do know that that song  is what got me through a time where I wasn't really able to do much at all physically. I couldn't do much mentally either, but what I could do mentally just brought me further down the spiral of depression...<<dramatic elipses as I look thoughtfully into the sunset

First time i've managed to build up enough courage to make a substantial post on here >__<

I know i've rambled a bit but hope it's okay! in other words please be kind to me or i'll cry T___T

So basically this thread is about songs that you really love or that mean something special to you for some reason? Just asking before I write a wall of text and it wouldn't be right lol.

Yeah I guess to paraphrase it :P

I think I phrased it like that because I have a terrible memory and I can't really remember specifics very well. So by the time I notice that something really had had an impact on my life, it's been there for a while

But go ahead with the wall of text! It's nice to see someone wanting to post something on here