Zeus

IMPRESS ZESS

The premise of this topic is easy. The first five people to post in this topic with an artist and a release (and provide/PM me a link) will get my thoughts on them. Why would anyone care about what I think?

1. I think I'm the most hilarious person ever and this is mostly to amuse myself.
  2. I will put efforts into all the reviews like I normally do.
  3. If you ever wanted me to listen to something or to know what I think about it, now is your chance!

The rules are simple:

• First five people to post in this topic are the ones whose releases I will listen to. Duplicate releases will get ignored. I'll write all five reviews in the review forum whenever I digest each release properly.
  • Said suggestion should be sent to me in at least decent quality (192 kbps).
  • One release per person per topic. I will be doing more of these if it gets popular.
  • The release must be Japanese. I don't care about genres.

Here's my last.fm if you think it will help.

GO!

Oh, this is interesting. The first thing that pops into my mind is 六合 - 宵闇の残光, as this is one of my old favorites and I want you to listen to it and give me meaningful feedback regarding the release. Have you ever stumbled upon it, though...?

In any case, if it turns out you already know of 宵闇の残光, another thing that I have in mind is Veni Vidi Vicious' Irie Rackit. It's normally a bit difficult for me to get into neo-garage music, but the band's one of a few exceptions and their debut album's great. I suggest you give it a try.

Okay the first one off the bat that I would have to say woud be 2SIDE1Brain, a pretty awesome japanese band I stumbled upon last year when they released their album Blood Eyes Red

In case the link doesnt work, I would hate to leave you empty handed so I direct you towards Rin Toshite Shigure and their album, "Still a Sigure Virgin?" Truly awesome album and the band has a style that is hard to forget.

I would like to participate and highlight a japanese band/project that has, in my opinion, garnered far too less interest within the forum.

Thing is, my hard drive with all their releases died just two weeks ago. I'll only have the chance to link you a single song or two, which is, considering how versatile these guys are, not saying much. But it is awesome. In my ears, that is. So, yeah. I think I should link it?

And I want you to review it, because you do it in a scrotch-tinglingly kind of nice way. Brb, my tongue's twisted.

The PM you'll get from me will contain 2 links from the same band, and it'll leave you to review two seperate releases.

I'd give you the whole thing, if I had it, but sadly it's gone over here. Sorry.

Anyway, PM incoming.

Okay this is a pretty cool idea, I would like you to listen to 大橋トリオ (ohashi trio) "White" album that was released last year, the genre is very nice folk jazz with a lot of piano parts... definitely one of my favorite discoveries of the past year. The album itself is a bunch of songs by 大橋好規(Ohashi Yoshinori) most of them are collabs with other singer song writers.

I'll send a pm

I would like to participate and highlight a japanese band/project that has, in my opinion, garnered far too less interest within the forum.

Thing is, my hard drive with all their releases died just two weeks ago. I'll only have the chance to link you a single song or two, which is, considering how versatile these guys are, not saying much. But it is awesome. In my ears, that is. So, yeah. I think I should link it?

And I want you to review it, because you do it in a scrotch-tinglingly kind of nice way. Brb, my tongue's twisted.

The PM you'll get from me will contain 2 links from the same band, and it'll leave you to review two seperate releases.

I'd give you the whole thing, if I had it, but sadly it's gone over here. Sorry.

Anyway, PM incoming.

what band are you talking about it?

if the last spot is still open, i'll slip in "knellt" with their debut "st."

they've been known under the name "kill my bleeding smile" before, i guess after a while they found that to be way too emo for a psychedelic doom band :P album is pretty short but the amount of musicality and creative instrument use is enough for what other bands put into several albums alltogether... 

PM incoming...

I also just finished reviewing Ohashi Trio. So next is bonsai's release and I will save MintJam for last, so I can find an album this weekend when I'm not being such a lazy ass.

Does this mean I'm winning right now?

Just kidding... glad you enjoyed it dude. You should check out some of his other albums, I personally recommend his 2008 album "This is Music" if you want to experience solo Ohashi without the guest artists ^_^