Sign in to follow this  
stylelover

GTA V

soooo.

did anyone already buy it? or whos going to buy it?

i got it today and played like ~7 hours so far. great game and i really really forced me to stop now,

i didnt play much storywise so far, just driving around town doing random stuff etc.

the world is sooooooo big.

Really wish I could get my hands on it, but I really can't spare the money right now :(  I could maybe sell some games but I kinda don't want to give away any of them.

Are there like, any significant improvements or additions to IV in the gameplay or whatever? I checked out some spoiler free gameplay vids but couldn't get a good idea about any new stuff, mostly just people running and driving around randomly :D

Really wish I could get my hands on it, but I really can't spare the money right now :(  I could maybe sell some games but I kinda don't want to give away any of them.

Are there like, any significant improvements or additions to IV in the gameplay or whatever? I checked out some spoiler free gameplay vids but couldn't get a good idea about any new stuff, mostly just people running and driving around randomly :D

I can honestly say that this game is 100% better than "IV". Rockstar pretty much refined and improved all aspects of the gameplay, from the car handling to the shooting. As of right now I don't have a single complaint about the game, it's just simply amazing. I would say arguably the best aspect of the game is how well crafted the world is and just the story telling as a whole is great, they definitely have some talented writers over at Rockstar. I would say this is definitely one of the best games of this console generation right alongside "The Last of Us" and "Bioshock Infinite" to name a few.

I admit i was a little skeptical about this as I didn't really care for "IV", but that skepticism has totally vanished since actually playing the game and experiencing the world. Before this game came out if you would have asked me what game I thought was gonna be game of the year I probably would have said "TLOU" for sure, but now that doesn't quite seem to be the case... I think it's gonna be a close one.

Gotta remember that this game probably wouldn't have been without IV, or at least it wouldn't be the same.

IV was a much needed reboot after Rockstar almost getting stuck in a rut, and I think it's best to think of it as a "first part" of the present series, or at least the first actual sequel since III. Afterall, it really is the first numerical sequel since III, you could really think of Vice City and San Andreas as some sort of full brewed "DLC" or expansions.

IV was made in small baby steps, and without taking those, I'd argue that they couldn't have taken the grown up steps required for making GTA V happen in it's full glory. Sometimes you have to go slow or even start anew to make something better. So yeah, I completely understand when people say IV wasn't "as good", but it's still a super important part of the series, and I love it for at least that.

Glad to hear they've upped everything in V though, I was expecting that. I was surprised by the world size though, I think I read somewhere it's even bigger than in SA? Despite it being only Los Santos and the surrounding countryside? That's seriously impressive.

Yea its bigger than SA. not sure how much bigger, but the map is really really big.

I always walked around GTA games, so this is actually my first GTA game, so i cant really say anything about improvments or differences, but i agree with Original Saku. Its one of the best games in this generation, the story telling is really really good.

Im currently at ~20 hours playing time , but thats mostly random stuff. My Save game says 20% finished.

SA was about 12.1 sq miles, GTA V is about 17.

After playing it over the past few days, it's clear that this is the best game in the franchise, and one of the best games in this console generation.

Where this game excels is in the details -- the minor things that add to the overall package. Yes the story is great; but so isn't walking around the city and seeing all of the random things going on. Whether it's the awe inspiring water effects when diving off a pier, to beating up Ballers on Grove St., there's soo much to love about this game that I'm still finding new things to do.

The story is amazing as well, especially focusing on the heists where you get to make your own team and decide how you want the job done.

Just played a few hours so far and really love it

The game play is dope and the story-line and the dialogues are fun as fuck

the only thing I can't handle yet is the driving XD

When it gets too fast everything seems to be out of control and you have no Idea what you do anymore

but may I just suck at driving anyway XD

has the driving been changed from IV? I guess I'm in the minority when I think that IV was the perfect game for its time. Rockstar's attention to detail is phenomenal just like everyone has said.

^ Yes the handling has been refined tremendously, to me the responsiveness of the cars feel like a night and day difference between this game and the last. But I wouldn't really say that the driving has changed.. More like it's just been improved and tightened up as a whole.

Well since online has dropped is anyone playing?

I haven't done much yet since I've been busy with other games but if anyone wants to play with me my psn is "Zman_the_killer" feel free to add me, just let me know who you are please :)

Sign in to follow this