orangetarts

Best HDD?

I need a new HDD, probably like a 1tb or more. 
Any suggestions? Looking for one thats like less than 100$ and wont shit out on me.

THANKS BROS.

anything Seagate or Western Digital is pretty good, you should be able to find a 1TB Seagate online somewhere for under $100 easily, actually I just bought one from newegg not too long ago for around 80 bucks

I have had a bad time with Seagate drives, so I try to avoid them now. I usually go with Western Digital. Also, do yourself a favor and pay the bit more to have the better drive (i.e. if you get a WD, go for a Caviar Black).

Also, back up your stuff! You got to back it up to get it back, and it's better to just assume that your HDD WILL crash eventually.

I have had a bad time with Seagate drives, so I try to avoid them now. I usually go with Western Digital. Also, do yourself a favor and pay the bit more to have the better drive (i.e. if you get a WD, go for a Caviar Black).

Also, back up your stuff! You got to back it up to get it back, and it's better to just assume that your HDD WILL crash eventually.

Caviar black is a good choice but a bit OTT - 5 years warranty though but it comes at a price. 

Ultimately it all boils down to what you want the drive for - If its just for storage then a WD Green is the perfect partner and you can pick up a WD extended warranty/care plan for a few extra coins. I recently purchased 4 Toshiba 3TB hard drives but I have one of their 4&3TB external drives. the 4 3TB Toshiba's themselves are rebadged Hitachi drives which are made by WD.

Even though Hitachi have earned a rather bad reputation for making "deathstar" which has left consumers a bit worried, those days a long gone. Like i said, I have 4x3TB drives, 2x in my PC and 2x in my NAS and they have been running perfectly so far, Getting Excellent transfer speeds due to the platter sizes of the hard drive - runs fast and silent, its all you need really need in a hard drive unless power consumption and heat are a concern.

The model number is DT01ACA3