platanity

黒夢 - KINGDOM

i almost 'always' avoid putting comments on something that i love with undivided attention 

but i just have to, i cant help it but to put my own review on this single ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

5555/5 ENUF SAID .

but to be serious -

1. KINGDOM : contrary to the votes from the thread from news section , i have already fallen in love with this

single as soon as that little clip from japanese tv show came up in youtube . but have i finally got to listen to

the whole single ... it's just 'majestic', i think this word fits most accurately to this single . all those little details

from the intro where clean tone has its own little reverb/tremolo delay and how the distortion opening riff starts 

(low to high volume) , the abstract solo and finally kiyoharu's voice tone fitted perfectly in the chorus melody .

honestly, when i listened to this first time, i was a little disoriented with the feeling that each phrase (or segment)

felt like it was composed separately and THEN compiled it together; by means, each phrases did not have that

smooth link between each phrases but after 2, 3 times of listening to it i finally got used to it !

2. BLAND NEW LOVELESS : this track was something that i havent expected at all in the first place. i initially thought it would be something 'lighter' or 'weaker' filler b-side but the real thing was surprisingly abstract and has its own style. since it was composed by hitoki, obviously it has a great bass line, and that catchy solo by kaz. mentioning kaz, the thing ive noticed since that little clip that was leaked long time ago, the distortion texture is almost identical to kiyoharu's solo album 'under the sun'; i obviously expected more of a nu-metal/metal style texture like the one from 'headache dub reel inch' (i assumed kaz had at least a minimal influence to that). but high props to kuroyume for setting up a song less-contemporary as balancing KINGDOM track that happened to be like one !

but whatevs, i just love this single - i can now happily rest in peace until november when the whole thing comes out!

by means, each phrases did not have that

smooth link between each phrases

I have that feeling when I listen to the preview a lot before the release

I like KINGDOM specially the solo.

BLAND NEW LOVELESS sounds like songs from CORKSCREW to me. still getting into it.

A good single overall.

btw, Hitoki just wrote lyrics to BNL, kiyoharu composed both songs.

I hope hitoki will compose more on the album, I prefer his songs.

Kingdom is a good song but very reminiscent of Kiyoharu solo career, as it was with the previous singles and solo Kiyoharu is the median. This song will not become a classic, but also not so generic and cliche as Misery.  Emphasis on the instrumental part of the song, the guitar solo and the final part. BLAND NEW LOVELESS is very good, I liked this more than the lead single, this is kind of music you expect Kuroyume do, quite different from the b-sides from previous singles and songs that were boring and forgettable. The single is not essential but it shows a very different Kuroyume without that electronic touch excessive, and gives me hope for a more solid, heavy and gloomy album as the Headache and Dub Reel Inch for me it was a disappointment. But we can only wait until November to give as Kuroyume will do this time, so far I am hopeful with this new sound of Kuroyume.

Note:

facebook.com/kuroyumeblackdream

The single in overall was quite okay, a huge improvement after the flop that was "Headache..."-album. BUT 1) I don't approve of breakdowns in Kiyoharu's songs at all 2) they are really not trying to sound different from the rest of  Kiyoharu's solo 2) B-side could have a lot more to offer, especially with that bass.

6/10