Sign in to follow this  
doaseternity6

Pokemon: Apocelypse

That trailer is the best thing since the Zelda movie trailer someone made for an April Fool's prank couple of years(?) ago.

That trailer is the best thing since the Zelda movie trailer someone made for an April Fool's prank couple of years(?) ago.

Yup, I remember that, I think it was 2008? Would've been great D:

Yup, I remember that, I think it was 2008? Would've been great D:

That was IGN's April Fool of I guess indeed 2008, looked pretty awesome indeed :)

Also pretty awesome:

Legend of Neil http://effinfunny.com/legend-of-neil

I never saw the Zelda one. This would've been like x1000000000000 better if they had just gotten better actors, it would've been so much more legit.

And what about Mortal Kombat :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9YUeTTaVqo

I hope this one was real too ):

Oh shit that's fucking tight, I can't believe I didn't watch it before. I hope that's real too, the other Mortal Kombat movies suuuuck, but this looked badass!

True the other MK did suck so hard, but I still enjoyed them :/

I really like the plot on this movie though :D and it's funny to see that they killed Johnny Cage (again) LOL

Ash Ketchum is tanned? Thought that supposed to be Brock! :P

Apart from that, some pokemons are pretty good looking (Jigglypuff, Gyrados, Squirtle, Geodude)

All else is poor looking :)

And actually, that Mortal Kombat short film is real.

Vurtox was once posted it on old TW.

It's sort of a teaser for new beginning for future MK films, if i am not mistaken.

You're right chianti, they did this short film for century fox if I remember, to make them think about some possibilities to make a new MK movie.

Yes, it was a showreel. Something they make to persuade studios into financing their projects :P

Actually I was looking up some stuff on the MK movie, and it looks like Warner Brother's has the rights, and there's a movie for 2013 in the works. But it's just simply called "Mortal Kombat" I'm hoping somehow this ties in with it though, because Rebirth looks fucking sick.

It's amazing that amateurs make awesome shorts adaptation movies with low financies and that kick ass, while ultra money makers like WB and co. are doing awesome bad s*** !

Happilly Nolan brothers are here to grown up the level !

i gues that's because the big budget itself becomes their own boomerang to big production house.

It can make directors more focusing to Special fx and stuffs than something basic yet so important, the martial arts, the acting, etc. Quantity than quality.

Imagine that MK: Rebirth could make it into movies with only little touch of SFX for acid spit, sub zero's ice and stuff like that, it will make one helluva of a movie!

I am most impressed with Baraka and Reptile there,

So savage. So awesome it's scary! Seems Scorpion will be a blood thrist too.

Yeah, I think you're right, it's like video games, they are too focused to special fx and they forget the story and characters. They made beautiful games but empty and not immersives at all.

Sign in to follow this