your last diary:

JUST CHRONICLE:

For non-Japanese:

24 Hours: (Korean)

Asian Chairshot: (Korean)

Escape Plan: (Chinese)

KillerSoap: (Chinese)

女王蜂 (Ziyoou-vachi)

Rockin' punk band with a black/japanese transgender female vocalist. Do yourself a favor and listen to one of the coolest bands around right now (they're on hiatus now, but vo. Avu-chan is in a new project band with ex. Tokyo Jihen guitarist Ukigumo). All 3 of their albums are perfection and in the DL section <3

女王蜂 (Ziyoou-vachi)

Rockin' punk band with a black/japanese transgender female vocalist. Do yourself a favor and listen to one of the coolest bands around right now (they're on hiatus now, but vo. Avu-chan is in a new project band with ex. Tokyo Jihen guitarist Ukigumo). All 3 of their albums are perfection and in the DL section <3

凛として時雨 (Rin Toshite Shigure)

Rad indie rock band with male and female vocalists. They play a unique blend of prog rock, math rock, and post-rock that's constantly changing tempo and focused around complex guitar melodies. My personal fave and appropriately titled album still a Sigure virgin? is a great place to start; all of their albums should be in the DL section too.

What. I tried searching for more information on this but to no avail; is there any other source of information on this? Just curious.

My suggestions:  SPYAIR, FoZZtone, The Sketchbook, DOES, Straightener, Base Ball Bear, Monobright, Rookiez is Punk'd, Galileo Galilei, HaKU, Elephant Kashimashi, People in the Box, Czecho no Republic, UNCHAIN, 9mm Parabellum Bullet, Lacco Tower, Cinema Staff, Hemenway, androp, Fujifabric, FLiP, IN 197666....and I could probably go on lol but this already seems like a lot. :x

Also, if you're into Korean indie alt-rock at all, I have a list just as big for that lol

My suggestions:  SPYAIR, FoZZtone, The Sketchbook, DOES, Straightener, Base Ball Bear, Monobright, Rookiez is Punk'd, Galileo Galilei, HaKU, Elephant Kashimashi, People in the Box, Czecho no Republic, UNCHAIN, 9mm Parabellum Bullet, Lacco Tower, Cinema Staff, Hemenway, androp, Fujifabric, FLiP, IN 197666....and I could probably go on lol but this already seems like a lot. :x

Also, if you're into Korean indie alt-rock at all, I have a list just as big for that lol

Im down for some korean stuff too! 

Alrighty then.  My top Korean rock band is probably Every Single Day, they are awesome, closely followed by YB.  Others in order of playcount include Deli Spice, Bye Bye Sea, The Koxx, Daybreak, Achime, GUYZ, Sister's Barbershop, Royal Pirates, Glen Check, Lowdown 30 (they're actually blues-rock), Broken Valentine, Toxic, Witches, Galaxy Express, Electric Eels, Monni, Mary Story, Mate, Thornapple, Hanumpa, MoT and Actung

Alrighty then.  My top Korean rock band is probably Every Single Day, they are awesome, closely followed by YB.  Others in order of playcount include Deli Spice, Bye Bye Sea, The Koxx, Daybreak, Achime, GUYZ, Sister's Barbershop, Royal Pirates, Glen Check, Lowdown 30 (they're actually blues-rock), Broken Valentine, Toxic, Witches, Galaxy Express, Electric Eels, Monni, Mary Story, Mate, Thornapple, Hanumpa, MoT and Actung

I know a good chunk of those! but the ones I dont know I'll have to look up~ and blues rock sounds interesting.

Actually that's awesome that you know a lot of those bands because I keep running into people who think CNBlue is a great example of Korean rock. :x

Lol I do love me some CNBLUE but they are definitely not 'rock'

Marystory is def one of my favorites :3

I like a lot of korean indie thats not necessarily rock either tho haha.

Actually that's awesome that you know a lot of those bands because I keep running into people who think CNBlue is a great example of Korean rock. :x

CNB being considered rock makes me laugh.

For Korean rock, don't forget about HLIN, Guckkasten, Pia etc etc. Though the later albums for Pia because the earlier ones are more numetal/scream stuff.

CNB being considered rock makes me laugh.

For Korean rock, don't forget about HLIN, Guckkasten, Pia etc etc. Though the later albums for Pia because the earlier ones are more numetal/scream stuff.

I do like PIA and some other harder Korean stuff, but I didn't mention them because OP said they were looking for Flumpool-ish stuff lol.  I took that to mean general alt-rock.

Sign in to follow this