Sign in to follow this  
orangetarts

NON VISUAL Jrock Recommendations?

So recently I just kinda plundered thru jpopsuki in search of something different.

I came across NICO touches the walls and SEKAI NO OWARI and I have to say I really love them both.

More so SNO. They kind of give me this flumpool-ish feel.

anyway, anyone else have some suggestions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g--0PWGaZgc

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsddz7_%E5%A5%B3%E7%8E%8B%E8%9C%82-ziyoou-vachi-%E3%83%87%E3%82%B9%E3%82%B3-desuko_music

女王蜂 (Ziyoou-vachi)

Rockin' punk band with a black/japanese transgender female vocalist. Do yourself a favor and listen to one of the coolest bands around right now (they're on hiatus now, but vo. Avu-chan is in a new project band with ex. Tokyo Jihen guitarist Ukigumo). All 3 of their albums are perfection and in the DL section <3

凛として時雨 (Rin Toshite Shigure)

Rad indie rock band with male and female vocalists. They play a unique blend of prog rock, math rock, and post-rock that's constantly changing tempo and focused around complex guitar melodies. My personal fave and appropriately titled album still a Sigure virgin? is a great place to start; all of their albums should be in the DL section too.

Uhm Balzac is one good horror punk (nowadays more like digital hardcore or something liek that) band.

Oh I do like balzac too! im a fan of the misfits so I found them thru that. Good suggestion! 

I've been in a Sigh mood lately, if you like experimental black metal. I prefer their more symphonic / baroque influenced stuff than their trippier songs, but that's just my personal preference.

More symphonic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lT3MVwnnsc

More trippy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DhSjx_D0lI

In between:

Ok, some more :

The Mad Capsule Markets, HEAD PHONES PRESIDENT, Maximum the Hormone, GO!GO!7188, Orange range, Typhoon24, Fake?, Raico, SOURCE, The Predators, The Pillows, Asian Kung-Fu Generation, UVERworld, Ellegarden, Spinwake, Greenpeas Young, High and Mighty Color

and oldies like The Yellow Monkey, Luna Sea, Boøwy, Buck Tick, Tomoyasu Hotei

For alternative rock and the likes, I think I tend to listen to lots of bands like MY FIRST STORY (OOR's little brother band), coldrain, ONE OK ROCK, Crossfaith, AIRSWELL, Pay Money to My Pain, SiM, Man With a Mission (rock band full of wolves, yes), [Champagne], ELLEGARDEN, the HIATUS, SPYAIR, etc. Kobayashi Taro is great too.

These are all totally different types of bands though, so there might be some you like, and some you won't.

Bo Ningen are the band I've been constantly dry humping lately.

Noisy. Psychedelic. Real dank kush. They'll will make you want to throw up and cry and and scream and pee blood at the same time.

For alternative rock and the likes, I think I tend to listen to lots of bands like MY FIRST STORY (OOR's little brother band), coldrain, ONE OK ROCK, Crossfaith, AIRSWELL, Pay Money to My Pain, SiM, Man With a Mission (rock band full of wolves, yes), [Champagne], ELLEGARDEN, the HIATUS, SPYAIR, etc. Kobayashi Taro is great too.

You and I have very similar tastes it seems!!

ELLEGARDEN, OOR, [Champagne] and Spyair are some of my faves!!

thanks, I'll check out some of the other ones you listed that I havent listened to.

So recently I just kinda plundered thru jpopsuki in search of something different.

I came across NICO touches the walls and SEKAI NO OWARI and I have to say I really love them both.

Cinema Staff

9mm parabellum bullet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu-4W4I7tTE

アルカラ (arukara)

オワリカラ (owarikara)

サカナクション (sakanaction)

東京カランコロン (tokyo karan koron)

sleepy.ab

THE NOVEMBERS

THE BACK HORN

If youre that much into alternative genres , than you should try Tobyas , they are a great post grunge/alternative metal band . They released a new album this year but i dont have it , their first album is on itunes shop . Another great band would be Silhouette from the Skylit , great heavier sounding alternative rock with some post hardcore and electronic elements . Theyre album Arche is somewhere on the forum posted by me , if you still didnt download it , go check it out its really worth it .

Some other cool non-vk bands you might like are Number Girl, Thee Michelle Gun Elephant, WHITE ASH, The Band Apart, Lillies and Remains, kamomekamome, Asakusa Jinta, Fox Loco Phantom, Shinsei Kamattechan, Tokusatsu, Eastern Youth, Bloodthirsty Butchers, Kimonos and Supercar.

I could go on for much longer but i won't heh. None of these bands are very similar to one another to be honest, but they're all great IMO

I think you should try Monoral if you haven't . Though I haven't delved into them very much but they do have some nice songs and in fluent English. These guys have an interesting background too. 

I think you should try Monoral if you haven't . Though I haven't delved into them very much but they do have some nice songs and in fluent English. These guys have an interesting background too.

For fluent english i would recommend Nothings carved in Stone and Abstract Mash , i think both bands have the same vocalist . Both bands are great and have some really good songs .

Lost In Reverie, they're absolutely amazing

Last Day Dream, one of the best new bands I've stumbled upon 

Apoptosis, just amazing, can't recommend them enough

gekijou, when you get some time, can you give some feedback on what you like/dislike from the stuff that's been suggested?

Otherwise, people will just be listing any "non visual jrock" band they can think of.

10 years later, after we've named every Japanese rock band from 1975 through 2023, gekijou finally updates with the decision to settle with taking The GazettE's "TOXIC" album for a spin.

gekijou, when you get some time, can you give some feedback on what you like/dislike from the stuff that's been suggested?

Otherwise, people will just be listing any "non visual jrock" band they can think of.

oh shit sorry, 

Well, here's what Ive liked out of the suggestions thusfar:

The Novembers

Number Girl

Thee michelle gun elephant

9mm parabellum bullet

Cinema Staff

I still have to keep listening to the rest, Ive been slacking.

Edit:

Arukara is the shit.

Lost In Reverie, they're absolutely amazing

Last Day Dream, one of the best new bands I've stumbled upon 

Apoptosis, just amazing, can't recommend them enough

I like lost in a reverie

but im not really feeling the other 2 since im not really a br00tal/screamo fan ;;

@gekijou , there where no screamo bands mentioned here by no one , screamo is a hardcore punk subgenre not a vocal type , and i only heard screaming vocals , and not screamo .

Okay well whatever it was i didnt like it.

Sign in to follow this