Trombe

ex-Saruin members new band "蛇鐘-jabell-" has formed

After reading Maria's post-live entry, I'm still a little confused -- he's written that the full album which they're creating will be their first and last. But for the time being I guess they just don't know 100% what they're going to be doing aside from the direction they're going, so I guess we just wait and see. Oh suspense.

I did think that their live was quite a ways away when they announced it. I wonder how "slow" their pace is going to be. Lets hope they've been recording other songs and we won't have to wait until 2015 to hear this album. 

Their Set List kind of suggests they haven't written many songs yet?

Oh and one other thing.. How serious is yanagi's health issues right now? I know its lingered on for quite a bit but is he recovering? Are they seriously only releasing one album? I just hope they'll have full band activities and they'll stick around for a while longer this time. You're only young for so long.

I'm trying to find out more about Yanagi's condition but I wasn't following him when he first got sick. I know he's back in the hospital now (or was the other day) and it sounds like he makes pretty frequent trips. (To be fair, people go to the hospital here waaaay more often than outside of Japan, and being hospitalized doesn't necessarily mean you're in serious condition, either. Japanese healthcare <3 That's not to say his situation isn't serious, though. I don't know much.)

Anyway... if anyone can give me some information about when he fell sick, I'd appreciate it -- I've been trying to find his blog entries from around that time and after so I can read about it and find out what the deal is.

The only thing I remember explicitly reading among his old entries is that he was having pretty regular bloodwork (transfusions iirc?) because of a side effect of a medicine he was on, and a Saruin fan mentioned chemo on her blog (but that's a fan and it'd be better to read the info straight from him).

一也(kazuya)(柳/yanagi) will have surgery at 2014/06/19, and he has apologized to fans for waiting so long for their forthcoming new album, which has not yet been finished as he and 雅人(masato)(マリア/maria) consider difficult to do so, and he might no longer continue activities under 蛇鐘-jabell- after then

雅人(masato)(マリア/maria) has mentioned his hard time for no working since 2013/12 and he will start to work due to his financial reasons, and 蘭丸(ranmaru), 駁(baku) & he will not be able to participate in production of their new album as planned

...thus 蛇鐘-jabell- has practically dissolved

btw 一也(kazuya)(柳/yanagi) will be discharged from hospital at 2014/07/03

Yanagi's blog post indicated that he is leaving Jabell altogether but music is in him and he probably won't leave the scene entirely if he can help it. He said it's not just about his health, but also Maria's situation and other unforeseen circumstances that are making the goals they had with Jabell impossible. Still no word on whether or not Jabell is through, unless they've updated again more recently (which is a possibility).

There were already many red flags from the beginning with the whole "slow pace" and members still having health issues they obviously weren't ready for a comeback. It's a shame because i was really looking forward to this. Bands just can't hold it together anymore... Why is it that a band with so many connections to the scene has this much trouble anyway? Is it really that difficult in japan? 

despite no longer being in 蛇鐘-jabell-, 一也(kazuya)(柳/yanagi) has composed various new songs

・ReSquall
・Madness of silence
・カフカ(kafka)
・after shadow
・それでもまたキミに。(soredemo mata kimi ni)

I was really looking forward to this. I mean he has songs together why not just finish the album like they said they would? I don't care how long we have to wait. I just want to hear something from them. 

A CD isn't going to happen for Jabell. Yanagi wrote a very frank blog entry that he finally published the other day, explaining that the reason the album was dropped was because he pulled out of the project.

And he claims he pulled out because of Maria's utter lack of contribution to finances as well as track work for the album.

http://fuckyeahjabell.tumblr.com/post/101657452851/yanagi-has-posted-another-of-his-massive-entries