Sign in to follow this  
Junpei'sGirl

Hi (^_^)ノ~

Hello! I actually found this site a while back, and just came across it again and decided to make an account this time! I'm 24 and live in the US. I was introduced to jrock by a friend I met while studying abroad in Japan back in 2009 and got hooked! Since then I have also gotten into some jpop and kpop too! My friend took me too my first ever concert there a couple months into our stay there and I became addicted- over aprox 8-10 months I went to 50 concerts, most were for the bands that were local to the city I was in though.

My all time fave band is vistlip! Plastic Tree and Miyavi tie as my second faves. I also like SuG, xTRiPx, Versailles, Alice Nine, MUCC, Irokui, D=OUT, and sooo much more!!!

I also like anime, manga, and Asian dramas!

I fell in love with Japn while I was there and am determined to get back! I love the fashion, the architecture, the food, the culture, the language, everything!

Anyways...よろしくお願いします☆

wsp and Jigsaw9- thanks!

CaRan- (*^-^*) thanks! xTRiPx was actually the band my friend took me to see for my first concert! and p.s. LOVE the new pic of them!

awww yeah!!! No wonder why you became addicted hahahaha Did you listen to their new album? it's up on the download section!!

Ne....new release!? ...I've pretty much only kept up with vistlip this year...trying not to spend so much money (>_<) I don't download music...but at least it was perfect timing to find out about it...I was able to add it to my order for the new vistlip cd and save a bit on shipping! Yay, should have it next week!

Awesome!!! I'll get my copies tomorrow :3 when you listen to it you could open a thread on the reviews forum so I can know your opinion about it =D

Review...I've never really done one before...not really good at those kinds of things, lol

But you get yours tomorrow!? So excited for you! And now I have even more to look forward to next week!!! So glad I joined!

Guest mitsubana

Welcome! It's nice to see more fans from the US... Sometimes I feel like there aren't many. Have fun here!

Thanks! Yeah, it is hard to find someone who knows what jrock is, even harder to find one who is actually into the music unless you go to a special interest type place like this site or an anime convention...such sadness! The music is awesome! They deserve more fans!

YES More fans in the US! I feel like the US has reduced in fans the most. We get almost nothing here anymore. orz I mean California had CELL I think. But other than Dir en grey... even conventions stopped bringing bands as often. Welcome to the site, and nice to meet you~

Guest mitsubana

YES More fans in the US! I feel like the US has reduced in fans the most. We get almost nothing here anymore. orz I mean California had CELL I think. But other than Dir en grey... even conventions stopped bringing bands as often. Welcome to the site, and nice to meet you~

I agree with you, shinsyoku... I remember the good ole days when Hot Topic carried V-Kei music and merchandise and there were more bands touring in the USA. I feel like it's such a big country and what V-Kei fans there are here are so spread out that it's difficult to get bands to come and tour here. It's hard to just up and leave to California or New York to see a concert.... So unless you live on the west or east coast, in my opinion you're kinda screwed haha.

Being a V-Kei fan in Europe seems easier...haha

Much agreed! I just got into jrock about 4 years ago...during the past few years here in the US, I have road tripped out of state to Atlanta for a Miyavi concert once, and caught 宇宙戦隊Noiz at Animazement both times I have gone to that convention. As far as finding jrock stuff for sell (not online), I found a couple booths that sold some stuff at Otakon a few years back. Other than that, I've only ever seen stuff online.

Guest mitsubana

Dang, you're lucky... Besides Dir en grey, no V-Kei artists have come to my state or anywhere near it. It sucks there's practically no way to purchase any V-Kei CDs and merchandise, but at least we can do it online. It's better than nothing :D

Well, being able to go to Otakon a few years back was pure luck...I don't have the time or money anymore for things like that...sucks being an adult with lots of bills...

I've pretty much always used the net since coming back from Japan to buy all my music stuff.

Thanks!

(=´∀`)人(´∀`=) vistlip=love!!!

I believe I have all the CDs and DVDs except for 1 DVD from the release of THEATER! And I have one other cd from before that... One of these days I hope to have the money to complete my collection! (though a friend of mine provided me with all the music I don't have CDs of, so I'm not actually missing any music that I'm aware of...)

Sign in to follow this