Sign in to follow this  
Flame-X

Certain Guitar Play Question

I can't really tell because you decided to share the remix version of the song and the second video has horrible audio quality and the guitar is barely audible. From what I can hear from SUGIZO's song, it sounds like he's just picking the strings on his acoustic and he has a Delay effect pedal on to create the phantom-ish notes that follow the notes he plays. There really isn't a term to it, he's probably playing using alternative picking but other than that, I don't have an answer for you.

Yeah, it sounds like he's using a delay effect, to make it seem like the notes are multiplying/"resonating" (can't think of a better word xD). Might be a loop pedal in there, in the 1st song's beginning too.

Thanks for the response. :)

Here's the original of the first which that acoustic part comes in at 5:39 and ends at 6:09, no difference other than a faster rate. So basically, it's more of a fast picking(?) with some effects added on it.

http://youtu.be/E8S8kGIRaoM

I can't any better quality of the 2nd one.

...with some effects added on it...

delay to be precise. this is actually the main aspect of this i think. i also think that in this case it might be two different delay cascaded.

the "melody" or arpeggio is probably in 8th notes, following that is one delay wich is time-synced on 16th notes and then maybe another one on 8ths, but that's speculation. that way from the second note on it sounds multi-layered and adds up depending on the decay of the delay. that creates this sort of blooming, rainy whatnot effect (but with this short delay it also has to be played veeery precise, which is probably why sugizo doesn't play it live. it's more of a studio technique...)

Sign in to follow this