PumpkinPatches

Bands whose music you love, but personally despise

Hahah oh gosh this is easy for me. L'arc.  I can't help liking, and in some cases really liking, their music.  But I cannot stand them as a band and especially Hyde.

i don't know very well hyde but

i always thought  he is  having a middle life crisis or something the last years

I agree on L' arc en Ciel...love their music, but I just can't get into them personally. I've seen L' arc en Ciel once in my life and Hyde twice...I feel the band members are kind of boring which makes me dislike them and Hyde is like mentioned before try hard so hard. Sometimes he comes off as really fake to me.

I would also say 12012...Wataru...ever since the woman hitting incident...I just don't feel him too much...everyone else in the band is just unnoticeable personality wise...but they have put out decent music (not recently, but their overall discography has been good)

What do you think about Bands insulting and making fun of other bands?

Not privately, but with lyrics or in their MCs for example?

I'm not into so many bands who do that but kuroyume for example have a song about what a loser hakuei of penicillin is.

And I think devil kitty were quite famous for doing that kind of thing....?

Insulting 'rivals' is a stylistic device in some music genres but I always found it a bit odd in visual kei.

I don't want to put words in my friend's mouth or give out any more details since I don't know if she wants to share it with people (I don't even know the whole story). Just that basically, she still likes CELL. She goes to their lives all the time, buys merch and CDs just that after whatever happened. Basically she's like, yeah CELL is great but fuck Nao.

:|

Why are we talking about thissssss. No elaboration. But yeah. Nao's a straight-up tool; I didn't have any problems with the rest of the band though. Kon is super odd, but I honestly think he's an airhead with ADD, not a creep or anything. It makes him hilarious though; he is totally not the image he wants to portray on stage. Sin's been pretty friendly, and Yuki's a sweetheart.

Regardless, even if they were all dickwads I'm here for the music. I'd just stop going to their lives and instores and just stick to buying the CDs if they were all horrible human beings or something. But Nao really needs to get the stick out of his ass before AX.

And Sai -- you mentioned Megoromania, LMAO. I bet I know who. Ohgod the shit I know.

i don't like satsuki either. 

W

I'm not into so many bands who do that but kuroyume for example have a song about what a loser hakuei of penicillin is.

what song? do you remember what song is that?

W

Kon is super odd, but I honestly think he's an airhead with ADD,not a creep or anything. It makes him hilarious though; he is totally
not the image he wants to portray on stage.

why people say that about kon? xD that he is odd. how is the live? what does he do?

For Kon -- I don't know what other people say, I'm just talking about what I've seen. On stage he's extremely impressive; really good at not breaking the fourth wall. He puts on a hell of a performance.

Off stage, he zones out, isn't aware when people are talking to him, just doesn't seem all there, fiddles with his clothes, doesn't talk when he should and does talk when he shouldn't. He's just funny. He also makes himself laugh all the time because he derps.

^ Sounds like your typical fun guy to be around anyway. Maybe he's just nervous around his fans or something, I don't know. I've always (from what I've seen) found Kon to be quite sweet and caring about his projects and things surrounding this, fans included. Doesn't seem like a bad guy at all.

what song? do you remember what song is that?

The kuroyume-song is called shounen. I think it doesn't mention hakuei's name, and I wouldn't instantly think of him when listening to the lyrics but I frequently read it refers to him as a boring guy from privileged background who feels super hardcore when putting on expensive silver accessory and 'alternative' clothes for little girls to drool over. I don't know the original source, but it does make sense.  (although I really like penicillin and hakuei!)

why people say that about kon? xD that he is odd. how is the live? what does he do?

Kon is really, really special.

Like klahasama said, there is a huge difference between his stage persona and his offstage persona. He is very charismatic on stage but once he stops singing he seems lost. Just always somewhere between completely spaced out, annoyed about having to socialize or giggling awkwardly about everything. And because he is also very short it makes him adorable, which is weird when you just saw him perform earlier.

He seems to be much better now, though! Not too long ago there was no month without kon doing something weird. Like doing a handshake-event with extremely obvious fresh cuts on his wrists, having rage-fits about fans, posting on his blog that you'd better go to their next event because he plans to kill himself after and being painfully open about his drug and alcohol intake.

And because he always jumped back to being all normal it was really hard to tell if real emotional problems or just playing with his image.

Well. He's a genius for sure.

Kon is really, really special.

Some time ago, I used to think that Kon suffered from a more serious mental illness. Perhaps major depressive disorder or borderline personality disorder. Obviously I'm no psychiatrist and I'm not diagnosing him with anything! But I have a friend with major depressive disorder, a girlfriend whose father suffers from bipolar and I myself have to deal with complex-post traumatic stress disorder (which is essentially post-traumatic stress disorder meets borderline personality disorder), so this and from following Kon back then is the only thing I have to base this on but to me it really did seem that way and I sympathised with him a lot for it. Iirc correctly he once blogged with a picture of his wrists after he'd cut them and some of his entries were very disturbing, he also had a habit of deleting them and 'shutting down' very often. He's such a magnificent person though. He really is special. 

On topic, I thought of a group! I don't love them but their music is incredibly catchy and because I hate bullying so much I sometimes judge myself for listening to them. But I realise the music and the people behind it are two entirely different things. And that's the pop group T-ARA. There was a lot of rumours going around about how the girls bullied and shunned their newest member and the proof of it was horrible to see. They seemed to resent her for joining the group so late, treated her like an outcast and were downright horrible to her. Most of T-ARA's sponsors dropped them after the news hit, the bullied member was 'kicked out' and they sort of went into hiding for a while after it. 

I just cannot stand people who bully even a little so I dislike the remaining members as people, especially after their very phony apology (which was full of lies and over acting), but still listen to their songs every so often. 

Some time ago, I used to think that Kon suffered from a more serious mental illness. Perhaps major depressive disorder or borderline personality disorder. Obviously I'm no psychiatrist and I'm not diagnosing him with anything! But I have a friend with major depressive disorder, a girlfriend whose father suffers from bipolar and I myself have to deal with complex-post traumatic stress disorder (which is essentially post-traumatic stress disorder meets borderline personality disorder), so this and from following Kon back then is the only thing I have to base this on but to me it really did seem that way and I sympathised with him a lot for it. Iirc correctly he once blogged with a picture of his wrists after he'd cut them and some of his entries were very disturbing, he also had a habit of deleting them and 'shutting down' very often. He's such a magnificent person though. He really is special. 

Seriously? I don't think you should interpret so much into it. It's VK after all. I find it more likely (from what I've seen) that he is given a certain persona to act on.

Seriously? I don't think you should interpret so much into it. It's VK after all. I find it more likely (from what I've seen) that he is given a certain persona to act on.

Well, I didn't claim it as fact. I just said that this was my impression of him from following him for so long.

What do you mean "it's VK after all" though? That's it's completely inconceivable for a VK musician to have mental issues without it being an act, a joke, or a 'character'? Trust me, there are plenty of unwell musicians in the industry. 

Well. I agree that one should be careful with such assumptions about strangers and I also know what you mean about VK-people playing roles but I can totally understand why SUBLIMINAL would get this impression.

Things Kon says and does are unusual for a 38 year old pro musician, visual kei or not. And it wasn't different at all when he was in a 'normal' rock band and had a beard.

Of course I hope he's not sick. But it wouldn't surprise me at all. And it also wouldn't surprise me if there were more emotionally instable people in VK than elsewhere.

He could just be high or buzzed. He's a rock star livin the high life am I right!? hyuk-hyuk-hyuk ~

He's a singer/artist and could just be awkward. I hang out with artsy people every week and we're all awkward mouth breathers and perhaps off stage he's just an awkward mouth breather 8D

Why are we talking about thissssss. No elaboration. But yeah. Nao's a straight-up tool; I didn't have any problems with the rest of the band though. Kon is super odd, but I honestly think he's an airhead with ADD, not a creep or anything. It makes him hilarious though; he is totally not the image he wants to portray on stage. Sin's been pretty friendly, and Yuki's a sweetheart.

Regardless, even if they were all dickwads I'm here for the music. I'd just stop going to their lives and instores and just stick to buying the CDs if they were all horrible human beings or something. But Nao really needs to get the stick out of his ass before AX.

I tried to keep it as vague as possible 8D

from that video you can tell kon is a little socially awkward and that doesn't seem like an act (but you could never know)

i mean lol but seems easier to talk to the ex.xodiack guy

most jrockers are very sociable and for their kind of work you will expect them to be

but i like and i get very interested when i find someone who is more shy or strange(in a good way i don't mean arrogant or mean to the fans ,just more awkward)

and i always think how they have double personality because they get on stage and being awesome

except if they are just high or buzzed  xD

i don't know if you admire someone and you can't talk to them or meet them easy because of that. i guess you will be disappointed but i can't meet them anyway lol.so it seems interesting and cute

I guess we just have to accept that they're all just people. I mean, even if he had some sort of disorder, why would it have to hold him back from doing what he loves? There's a lot of musicians who basically just create music for themselves because it's their passion and they initially don't do it for money (even if it's a nice treat of course), and if fans or interviews and anything of the sort are their weaker points, then so let it be. It's human. /Shrug

Oh, and I have another one. Közi.

Aww, why?

I always felt that for someone who used to be insanely famous and who now isn't at all famous anymore he was kinda... friendly?