Some of you might remember this guy from his Miyavi videos a few years back. Well, he's back, and he recorded a demo EP just before he moved to Tokyo for a year, which he just released about two days back.

Before I hear Yohio comparisions coming in, this guy might not be as technical and sentimental as your favourite swedish hate target. But unlike that 17 year old Eurovision guy he actually does a good job at songwriting without sounding too much like a blatant J-Rock ripoff, imo. He makes a good effort at showcasing a more personalised side. On top of that, he spent his own money to record his stuff in an independant environment, so there's no grey-haired, old shitty componists involved, and no favourable daddies willing to spend some cash to get him to the top. It's all self-endorsed. He also recorded everything but the drums, and he had complete freedom during composition, so there's no idiot producer giving him advice. It's all independant.

He did two songs in (mostly) Japanese, I think that's alright. They sound nice to me. Give it a try.

I'll just post a few examples here:

Prose & Provocation:

Kaisou:

Goodbye (My way):

Btw, you can purchase with a fee of anything from 0 cents to infinity. So, if you like it, you maybe should support him financially! I think he deserves it, as he shows a skillful hand at fusing that J-Rock clichée with his own flavour.

But... You should listen for yourself.

Here's the link to the 3 song EP: http://yameki.bandcamp.com/

Bump.

Was listening to him today. Wondering when he is going to release more.

Word is that he is trying to stay in Japan for longer than the year now...

I prefer his Japanese singing much more, but overall he is good for a gaijin. I hope he succeeds.