ficsci

bands that you didn't appreciate when they were still around

You've always known that these bands exist when they were still together, but you never gave them a serious listen.

And now you're butthurt because you've come to like them after they've broken up.

Recently for me, it's Deluhi :(

Name yours

(not limited to Jrock)

Rentrer en soi was a weird one for me. At first I didn't like them because I thought they were a weak sauce Braiser clone. Really didn't like them until Protoplasm came out, liked that 'brutal' period they went through which ended up making me appreciate and like their early frilly period.

Wait does that count?

Otherwise insert all those old school bands that broke up before I really got into visual kei.

D.T.R. is probably the only one I know about. 

A lot of the bands I appreciate disbanded long before I knew about them and a lot of the bands I don't appreciate are still together, derp. 

DIE IN CRIES, REACTION, GRAND SLAM, LAZY, FLATBACKER/EZO and CRAZE - they disbanded before i became their fan

WAG, Shocking Lemon, SIAM SHADE, Janne Da Arc (on hiatus) - i liked the songs they used in anime before they disbanded. they disbanded before i became their fan

I guess Kagrra, comes to mind? I only got really into them around 2-3 months after they disbanded, though I was familiar with some of their stuff beforehand. Otherwise I can't think of any prime examples, as I never was a big fan of RENTRER EN SOI.

Hmmm this is a good question lol. There are lots of bands I've gotten into after they broke up, but I'm usually not too pressed about it because I'd never heard of them before. Unless they're really ridiculously awesome like Serial TV Drama.  But a band that I actually actively knew about and actively ignored until they broke up only to find they were awesome?  

Fujifabric is the closest thing, but rather than them breaking up, I ended up trying their stuff (and loving it) shortly after their singer died.

The first lineup of Panic Channel.

When they started out somehow lots of people in the local fandom here went crazy about how kewt they were and it was so annoying that I never gave them a real chance until years later after accidently seeing them live (with their last lineup) and finding out about how great they actually were.

I was ashamed of myself.

Basically all visual kei bands I listen to. Almost none of them are still together and the few that have been have disbanded recently too (Megaromania for example). I really wish I had Internet before 2007 and had the chance to discover some bands earlier. I knew about a few artists like Malice Mizer through Manga Magazines, but had no possibilities to listen to their music, therefore I didn't really care about them. Also when old school visual kei was still around I was just too young to either know of its existence or bothered to listen to it (as I was more into pop, then totally fixated on punk).
And I still have a great talent in discovering bands that have disbanded a few years ago and realizing "I should have giving them a try earlier".

for me it was stereopony

when the band is still active, I don't interest to their song. But when I see their live in front of my eyes, they were awesome. They have talent. Unfortunately, after one month after seeing their live, they announce to disband. This is so sad news, I just realized that their songs are good

for me it was stereopony

when the band is still active, I don't interest to their song. But when I see their live in front of my eyes, they were awesome. They have talent. Unfortunately, after one month after seeing their live, they announce to disband. This is so sad news, I just realized that their songs are good

They are in a new band in case you didn't know called Evanpony with some new member called Evan Taubenfeld.

I think the only one would be Kaggra. The only other two that I have cared for that have disbanded is DELUHI and 9GOATS BLACK OUT and I was fully in love and had all their discography so I guess they wouldn't count.

They are in a new band in case you didn't know called Evanpony with some new member called Evan Taubenfeld.

I think the only one would be Kaggra. The only other two that I have cared for that have disbanded is DELUHI and 9GOATS BLACK OUT and I was fully in love and had all their discography so I guess they wouldn't count.

No, Evanpony was a side project, when Stereopony officially disbanded there is no band called Evanpony anymore. Now the vocalist (Aimi) is debut as solo career, while the bassist and drummer created new band called Draft King, with their additional guitarist Mao and with 2 new member as vocalist and guitarist. Their new music is not good as stereopony IMO, so I feel disappointed

In case if anyone want to hear the Draft King sample http://www.facebook.com/DraftKing.official/app_182222305144028