Sign in to follow this  
Furik

Miyavi "What's My Name?" Album News

I'm sure there's already a thread but i'm having a hard time finding an old one if there is one, so I'm making a new one.

Miyavi will be releasing his new album "What's My Name?" on October 13.

l_9d0d2f407b4c4dc4ac438aa15013be2d.gif

There will be two editions, CD+DVD and CD.

CD+DVD ¥6,800 TOCT-27001

1. WHAT'S MY NAME? / 2. TORTURE / 3. A-HA / 4. CHILLIN' CHILLIN' MONEY BLUE$ / 5. I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, AND I HATE YOU. / 6. MOON / 7. GRAVITY / 8. UNIVERSE / 9. UNBREAKABLE / 10. SHELTER / 11. SUPER HERO(Album ver.) / 12. ??????? ??ら?? / 13. FUTURISTIC LOVE / 14. SURVIVE(Album ver.)

DVD includes "NEO TOKYO SAMURAI BLACK WORLD TOUR vol.2" which will document Miyavi's U.S.A. performances.

This edition will also include a "雅-MIYAVI- BE@RBRICK" whatever that is.

CD ¥1,980 TOCT-27002

1. WHAT'S MY NAME? / 2. TORTURE / 3. A-HA / 4. CHILLIN' CHILLIN' MONEY BLUE$ / 5. I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, AND I HATE YOU. / 6. MOON / 7. GRAVITY / 8. UNIVERSE / 9. UNBREAKABLE / 10. SHELTER / 11. SUPER HERO(Album ver.) / 12. ??????? ??ら?? / 13. FUTURISTIC LOVE / 14. SURVIVE(Album ver.)

This edition comes with the bonus track "SURVIVE" in acoustic instrumental form.

Hmm...all his albums consist of both good and really bad songs. But his last album, This Iz the Japanese Kabuki Rock, included the best song he ever wrote, so I am actually looking forward to this. Doubt it'll be a masterpiece, but I don't look away from the fact that there might be some good songs here. And the song I was talking about is "Hi no Hikari Sae Todokanai Kono Basho de". Amazing song!

Songtitles on #3, 4, 5 are unbeliveabley bad.

^ Agreed on Hi no Hikari. Best Miyavi song ever.

And I'm glad to see Super Hero there. It's really chill, puts shivers down my spine. Good thing he's re-recording Survive too.

I want. He can make some really memorable stuff with a nice feel to them. Then again, he has made some of the worst songs I've heard in my life. I'm happy for Superhero being on the album, i liked it since i first heard it, Survive though... mehh...

Not sure about Torture yet, i like it instrumentally, but Miyavi could take some singing lessons.

I love some of these titles, I'm so very much looking forward to this...

I've been a passive miyavi fan since MYV Pops, but all of a sudden I'm like rabid... "NEEDZ MOAR MYV, NAO." And I'm so happy it's just in time for a new album!

Sign in to follow this