evilcoconut

Top albums of 2010

^ lol, that's exactly why I made a top tracks thread. I've listened to a lot of Japanese albums this year, but there are few that really stand out as being "album of the year" material imo. But I'm also gonna have to re-listen to a lot of albums before I can actually come up with a list...I have bad habit of listening to most things only once, so there's a good chance that I haven't properly digested some albums. xD

I'm kinda glad to see that to be honest. It actually made me smile and feel good. I'm extremely limited when it comes to music, and this far I guess 98% of what I've heard this year is what I consider to be pure garbage (goes for music overall, by the way). But I have 6 japanese releases on my list and I know there's many too come, and I know I've forgotten things as well. But it's not like you can remember every release that comes. But yeah, awzum!

New Envy sounds really good, new Heaven in Her Arms is probably amazing and so on. I like this year so far. I love it!

^ lol, that's exactly why I made a top tracks thread. I've listened to a lot of Japanese albums this year, but there are few that really stand out as being "album of the year" material imo. But I'm also gonna have to re-listen to a lot of albums before I can actually come up with a list...I have bad habit of listening to most things only once, so there's a good chance that I haven't properly digested some albums. xD

Yeah, the truth is, I don't listen to whole albums a lot. When an album is new I give it a few spins, but then I'll sort out those songs I like and skip the rest. Occasionally I will re-visit rejected songs later, because it does happen that I suddenly start liking a song that I didn't care for the first few times I heard it.

But I just was lacking the time to listen to much music in recent times. As a matter of fact, the only full japanese albums I listened to this year were Versailles, 9GBO, cali gari and Jully, and the Jully album was a Best of (and I head to go through my last.fm history to come up with all those 4 albums, lol). All those albums happened to be alright, but it's a rather meager basis to establish a "Top 2010 album" list. Plus, I'm still waiting for the upcoming BUCK-TICK album. :dansu:

I assume that this topic wasn't meant for japanese releases only but even then I'd raher wait til the end of the year to make my list.

My jrock listen times are so low this year becose not good staff comes this year , I'm not a elitist if you Mono2 thik of

Let's face it, this year hasn't been so great in the terms of album releases. Mini-albums and singles, maybe. But not albums.

Well, my list would be longer if I actually cared about enough active bands, I guess. So far, I have found only a handful that I would actually bother to keep buying their new stuff if they actually come out with anything more than once in five years.

So far only:

Anna Tsuchiya - RULE

HER NAME IN BLOOD - Decadence

Star One - Victims Of Modern Age (not yet released but i know that this will be awesome!)

and probably there are more but i can't remember D:

- KYOKUTOU GIRL FRIEND - Katte ni shiyagare

- munimuni - MAGICAL MOONIES

Adding to the list:

- BUCK-TICK - RAZZLE DAZZLE

- HER NAME IN BLOOD - Decadence

Most of my favorite (japanese) bands haven't released albums this year...yet and admittedly this was a weak year for me trying out new Japanese music. There are still quite a few albums I'm waiting for and some that have been out for a little bit but I haven't bought yet.

As of now Japan-wise the only thing I could name would have to be Sakanaction's KikUUiki. It pretty much got me through my first 3 months over here.

One Ok Rock's Niche Syndrome was also good as well as 9goats's Thanatos and Sads - 7 deadly sins but whether or not they make my top depends on the albums I'm waiting for/haven't listened to yet.

K so adding to the list since the latter half of this year already pwns the first and I've also listened to some of the releases I missed from my previous hiatus.

Sakanaction - KikUUiki

One Ok Rock - Niche Syndrome

9 Goats Blackout - thanatos

UNCHAIN - Hello,Young Souls!!

Rin toshite Shigure - still a shigure virgin?

Special Others - The Guide

Avengers in Sci-Fi - Dynamo

Kobayashi Taro - Dancing Shiva

Still waiting on new ACIDMAN and LAST ALLIANCE plus I'm sure there will be some other surprises along the way.

Well, my types are:

Japanese full-length albums

Versailles - JUBILEE (as well like most of You all) 8,5/10

D'espairsRay - MONSTERS (same like above) 7,5/10

-OZ- - Rouge 7,5/10

分島花音 - 少女仕掛????リブレット ~LOLITAWORK LIBRETTO~ (so cute... a love since first listened second and it's better than her previous release) 7/10

The Candy Spooky Theater - SPOOKYWONDERLAND (It was at first time big disappointment, because of facts it's so short album, almost EP, price is too expensive (almost unacceptable together with this shortness) and cover is just weird, but even that it's still adorable at all) 6/10

S??T??N - 13 I SCREAM (I didn't know this band before last month; their album released in June just addicted me - it's very good thing to listen to in time of some special occasions... just like Halloween etc.) 7/10

Megaromania "Oblivious" (generally rather average release, but I can't say I didn't even partly enjoy it) 6,5/10

As well I hope yet, new Moi dix Mois album "D+SECT" that shall be released at December can be also adorable.

Few non-Japanese full-length albums

Therion "Sitra Ahra" (non-Japanese album of the year!) 10/10

Untoten "Haus der Lüge" 7/10

Current 93 "Baalstorm, Sing Omega" 7/10

Negură Bunget "Vîrstele Pămîntului" 6,5/10

Japanese mini-albums / EPs

砂月 "UPPER REGION" (EP of the year! isn't it in my case obviously?) 10/10

UnsraW "GUILTY" 8/10

Japanese singles

砂月 "MOON SPIRAL" 9,5/10

VAJRA "GRUDGE" (generally I even don't know why, but I just enjoyed this single most from all their this year's releases) 7/10

-OZ- "wisteria" 8/10

D "赤?羊??よる晩??会" 8/10

Megaromania "AURORA -destinies of world-" 7/10

lynch. "JUDGMENT" 9/10

Versailles "DESTINY-The Lovers-" (it was partly next disappointment... I don't know, I just don't like the way they've chosen; there's already no such atmosphere like in "ASCENDEAD MASTER", or "PRINCESS"... or, I'm not in such mood :-/) 6,5/10

That's probably all I can remember at this moment...

Japanese full-length albums

己?? - 明??止水

R指定 - 人間失格

クロルシアン - Chemical Arms

アヲイ - 葵

KYOKUTOU GIRL FRIEND - ??手????や??れ

-OZ- - Rouge

??ガ - NEGATIVISM

NoGoD - 欠片

9GOATS BLACK OUT - TANATOS

Few non-Japanese full-length albums

Uhm... at the moment, non-Japanese albums I love haven't been released in 2010 :/ will try some in these weeks.

Japanese mini-albums / EPs

König - Gantzfeld

Vallquar-ワルキューレ- - concexvisage

ヴァルナ - Distopia

Synside - 約????れ??安堵,???代償

Japanese singles

Schwein - Deep scars

凛 -the end of corruption world- - Metamorphose

ヴァルナ - silent prayer

ANOTHER DIMENSION - 哀??????沈ん??光

LuLu - 胎動

??ートレス - Scream of Heartless

己?? - 水無桜

-OZ- - wisteria

Wizard - 鳴カレ故??ム

ヴァンパイア - blood curdling bath

There are still some awesome releases which I am waiting for (?神 "Cathedral", アヲイ "abelcain", D'eiz "Less", R指定 『波瀾万丈??椿唄??, DEATHGAZE "BLISS OUT" and chariots "亜種"), so I will probably edit this entry :mrgreen:

I haven't really listened to much this year in the way of Japanese music, but my favourite album from 2010 would definitely be

still a Sigure virgin? by 凛??????時雨

^ I like that one

I can't even remember which releases were released this year or some other year >__>

Chemical Pictures - Sekai wo Utatta Otoko (case 1,2,3,4,5)

Not album, I didn't think it was earth-shattering at first, but I just love them personally. I think they'd sound better played one after another. Plus the case-05 is epic.

3.Tokyo Jihen - Sports

4.Tsubakiya Quartet - Kodoku No Campanella Wo Narase

7.9GOATS BLACK OUT - Tanatos

3. That was this year? o__o

4. Oh yeah, I remember them from a few years ago

7. THIS

album of the year in my opinion has made everything else that has come out seem boring and generic. And that is:

Danger Days: True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys by My Chemical Romance

Their older material was just mediocre, but this is honestly a step above anything that has been released this year, and it was 5 years in the making so that time has really paid off.

Check it out

^ I like that one

Chemical Pictures - Sekai wo Utatta Otoko (case 1,2,3,4,5)

ggaahh, I meant "Utta". I keep thinking of 撃???? as 歌???? . Not the same at all!!

Also, I feel like Dolly's Capsule is also worth a mention

album of the year in my opinion has made everything else that has come out seem boring and generic. And that is:

Their older material was just mediocre, but this is honestly a step above anything that has been released this year, and it was 5 years in the making so that time has really paid off.

Check it out

Totally agree. :| And I hated EVERYTHING they put out before. Wow.

Most of my favorite (japanese) bands haven't released albums this year...yet and admittedly this was a weak year for me trying out new Japanese music. There are still quite a few albums I'm waiting for and some that have been out for a little bit but I haven't bought yet.

As of now Japan-wise the only thing I could name would have to be Sakanaction's KikUUiki. It pretty much got me through my first 3 months over here.

One Ok Rock's Niche Syndrome was also good as well as 9goats's Thanatos and Sads - 7 deadly sins but whether or not they make my top depends on the albums I'm waiting for/haven't listened to yet.

K so adding to the list since the latter half of this year already pwns the first and I've also listened to some of the releases I missed from my previous hiatus.

Sakanaction - KikUUiki

Still waiting on new ACIDMAN and LAST ALLIANCE plus I'm sure there will be some other surprises along the way.

update numero dos:

Sakanaction - KikUUiki

Last Alliance - Keep On smashing blue,

Kimonos - Kimonos

agraph - equal

Okamoto's - okamoto's ni muchuu

Ohashi Trio - NEWOLD

mini albums but I like them so much I will add anyway:

SAMURAI JACK UNIVERSE - Babel

THE UNIQUE STAR -Kuuzen Zetsugo and good morning DEVIL (can't choose between the 2 so add them together and I guess that's an album right? right? lol)

Check it out

Totally agree. :| And I hated EVERYTHING they put out before. Wow.

why aren't we friends?

Versailles - Jubilee

D - 7th Rose

E'm~grief~ - grief

己?? - 明??止水

I'm sure that Moi Dix Mois and Lacroix Despheres will make it on there too.

There weren't that many albums this year that really made me take the time to listen to them.

But the few I really enjoyed include:

NEU - LIMIT

Megaromania - Oblivious

Ayabie - irodori (I'm sure AYABIE's album will make it on the list as well)

D - 7th Rose (I always preferred their singles, but this album was epic)

Kiryu - Meikyou Shisui

also quite decent albums:

Versailles - JUBILEE

Dauto - CARNIVAL Ukiyo

WORST album of the year:

Miyavi - What's My Name?