Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

special unit "kanon×kanon" new maxi single "カレンデュラ レクイエム"

special unit "kanon×kanon" new maxi single "カレンデュラ レクイエム(calendula requiem)" will be released at 2010/11/17 (3 TYPE)

limited edition (1,500yen) will include CD+DVD (including "カレンデュラ レクイエム(calendula requiem)" PV), and limited-period edition (1,200yen, with TV anime "shiki" jacket) and regular edition (1,200yen) will include CD only

"kanon×kanon" members:

Vo.&Cello Wakeshima Kanon

akiba-kei creator Kanon (AN CAFE)

[track list]

01.カレンデュラ レクイエム(calendula requiem)

02.ザ ドール??ウス(the dollhouse)

03.ウミガメスープ(umigame soup)

04.カレンデュラ レクイエム(calendula requiem)(Less Vocal)

05.カレンデュラ レクイエム(calendula requiem)-shiki TV Size- (included in limited-period edition)

http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Music/Arch/D ... index.html

This is the strangest combination I could ever think of.

How, but more importantly: why, is this happening?

I really don't know. I can't even understand it. Bands used to do music because they loved to. But nowadays, most of then just want the fame, glamor, etc. I guess this project is another try to "a awesome band that everyone should love because two idols are together". I just can't buy this.

I really don't know. I can't even understand it. Bands used to do music because they loved to. But nowadays, most of then just want the fame, glamor, etc. I guess this project is another try to "a awesome band that everyone should love because two idols are together". I just can't buy this.

The WEIRDEST thing is that they're not even really idols. Kanon is a bassist of a shitty Oshare band that only Japanophiles really liked and Kanon Wakeshima only has two albums to her name, the latter of which didn't have ANYTHING memorable on it. Okay, they both play bass instruments, but other than that, they have nothing in common other than their names. Kanon = Oshare Kei Kanon Wakeshima = Gothic Pop... ? Wakeshima is the one that can sing, but I think there's going to be too much bass here and not enough real meoldy or rhythm for that matter. I will admit I'm SUPER curious about this, but just to see what sound they're going to produce. Maybe I'll get lucky and it won't be terrible... but maybe it'll also be GOD AWFUL.

The WEIRDEST thing is that they're not even really idols. Kanon is a bassist of a shitty Oshare band that only Japanophiles really liked and Kanon Wakeshima only has two albums to her name, the latter of which didn't have ANYTHING memorable on it. Okay, they both play bass instruments, but other than that, they have nothing in common other than their names. Kanon = Oshare Kei Kanon Wakeshima = Gothic Pop... ? Wakeshima is the one that can sing, but I think there's going to be too much bass here and not enough real meoldy or rhythm for that matter. I will admit I'm SUPER curious about this, but just to see what sound they're going to produce. Maybe I'll get lucky and it won't be terrible... but maybe it'll also be GOD AWFUL.

Yes, they aren't, as you said. But as everyone knows, those weeaboos do love these things. And gaining fame with those people should be a good idea for these producers and etc.

I have no idea what their songs will sounds like. And to be honest, I don't want to... ;__;

Wakeshima is the one that can sing, but I think there's going to be too much bass here and not enough real meoldy or rhythm for that matter. I will admit I'm SUPER curious about this, but just to see what sound they're going to produce. Maybe I'll get lucky and it won't be terrible... but maybe it'll also be GOD AWFUL.

Yeah I have the same feeling :/

Yes, they aren't, as you said. But as everyone knows, those weeaboos do love these things. And gaining fame with those people should be a good idea for these producers and etc.

I have no idea what their songs will sounds like. And to be honest, I don't want to... ;__;

Suppose you're right there. But I think they could've picked a better combo. For example, pairing a new gothic/pop singer with Mana as her composer was a BRILLIANT idea, even that theory a while back that Mana was going to work with Amy Lee from Evanescence would've been a good match, but like... When I think about Antic Cafe I think about rainbows, flowers, and bumble bees with smily faces, and other annoying shit. When I think about Kanon Wakeshima I think about... Idk dark things... Who came up with this idea? That's what I want to know.

Sign in to follow this