Trombe

Alice Nine 3-month consecutive new maxi singles release

I agree completely with Shaneth. The cover art is spectacular and Daybreak is nearly flawless. Nevertheless, I expect SHADOWPLAY to be good.

According to Shou, SHADOWPLAY is supposed to have a cool, aggressive tone to it so I can't wait for a preview. Here are some recent tweets by Saga and Shou

Saga: Today, we'll record two parts for drums, one for guitar, and sandwiched in between that we'll record bass for two songs. Of course I'll be able to finish all cool and smooth-like. But it's always like that. Once you guys hear, all you fans will fall in love with me!

Shou: Good luck with recording!! Gonna work on writing another song.

Saga: (In reference to a song most likely on the 3rd single) This song may have a sort of avant-garde feel. It's got quite a musical, pop-style sound to it. Yeah, this is new for us. Can't make this shit by yourself, lol.

Well...I'm sold, You can't beat Alice Nine.

Preview of SHADOWPLAY and Scarlet

Full SHADOWPLAY from BUZZ ROCK RADIO 

1) Shou has outdone himself compared to Niji no Yuki

2) The instrumental for SHADOWPLAY is going to be so awesome

3) FUCKING BEASTS!!

4) Scarlet, like Himitsu, will be the star of the single.

I'm with Jigsaw in that I don't want to spoil the entire thing just yet, but I did listen to the previews. They both sound awesome! This era is definitely on track to be my favorite... If not overall, then at least my favorite since Alpha. I'm excited for the third single now too, if there's another avante garde/pop/rock style song thrown in there, I'm totally all about it.

God... not spoiling it sounds like a good idea... too late. There's double bass some sprinting guitars that fit a melodic heavy song even though it's not really a heavy song. More like a dark ballad-ish.

SHADOWPLAY sounds a lot better than Daybreak. I only heard the preview of 秘密, but I like Scarlet's preview much better.

Yeah, umm, Alice Nine is releasing the best stuff of the year so far. I loved SHADOWPLAY, the PV amplified that hundred-fold. Saga playing the piano, the dark aura to it, Hiroto's new V-guitar. Honestly that duet solo with Tora and Hiroto is the best I have seen since BLUE FLAME. 

Yassssss.

Honestly, I wasn't feeling daybreak that much. The intro and verses were great and had my hopes really high for some atmospheric dance-ish type awesomeness but dat chorus made me a sad puppy. Of course the overall single was fine as they always make up with great b-sides. But shadowplay...SHADOWPLAY... goodness, this song has me feeling the vapors and taking my fangirl pants outta retirement. Now that's the Alice I love. Scarlet preview sounds equally as amaze balls. Now I'm excited, if they continue with this the next single and album, I will be such a happy Doe.

their new maxi single "shooting star" will be released at 2013/05/29 (3 TYPE)

limited edition TYPE A & B (1,890yen each) will include CD+DVD, and regular edition (1,260yen) will include CD only

I immediately thought of Stargazer...

Based on the progression of quality from Daybreak -> SHADOWPLAY, I am going to hope that this one will surpass SHADOWPLAY but right now that looks damn near impossible

I'm think this will be a mid tempo song as compared to Shadowplay and Daybreak. But I'm here for it. They've impressed me lately. I hope they keep it up, I miss being a huge a9 fan.

Been a non-stop fan since '09. They have never faltered with me, except for when Shou decided to compose Niji no Yuki but then the band made up for it by making NEMESIS :D These 3 singles have brought Alice Nine to the top band on my list of bands.

They announced on A9 channel that shooting star will be a ballad, composed by Saga.

They announced on A9 channel that shooting star will be a ballad, composed by Saga.

It better be something like "I." off GEMINI :) or something better

You know when Saga is composing something = it's gonna be a definite bomb

Well, Saga did compose my two favourite A9 ballads (birth in the death and mugen -electric eden-), so I'm kind of looking forward to it :) Though I guess because this one's an A-side it will probably be a bit more radio-friendly.

"shooting star"
[CD track list]
01.shooting star
02.Affection
03.shooting star(inst.)
04.Affection(inst.)

[limited edition TYPE A DVD track list]
・shooting star (PV)
・shooting star (making)
・Heart of Gold (Alice Nine Live 2012 Court of“9”#4 Grand Finale COUNTDOWN LIVE 12.31)

[limited edition TYPE B DVD track list]
・Affection (PV)
・花霞(kasumi) (Alice Nine Live 2012 Court of“9”#4 Grand Finale COUNTDOWN LIVE 12.31)

Super excited for this release and I was wondering when they would announce this information. I'm hoping for a preview of either song soon.

The

The cover art reminds me of RAINBOWS, it'll be hard to top SHADOWPLAY but hopefully this beats out Daybreak